TTI Headers hitting Frame Rail

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced this in a SPOOL K framed car? I also noticed it was kitting the steering box and torsion bar, but raising the engine and locking down the motor mounts fixed that, but when I go to full lock down the driver side header slip tube hits the frame rail to where it makes it a pain to tighten the header bolts. I've even smashed the tube flat to bend it around the bottom of the frame rail....it still goes into the frame rail. I've already got a replacement slip tube (thank you Jesus) but I don't know what to do.

The k frame is all the way towards passenger side and the transmission tail shaft is the only thing that hasn't been pushed all the way to the passenger side since it currently is all the way to the drivers side. Any help would be great!

I should also mention the car has poly trans and engine bushings, all brand new.

there are measurements in the TTI insuctions, are they correct? Could possibly have a Tweaked K-Frame if the car was in a wreck in it's past.

there are measurements in the TTI insuctions, are they correct? Could possibly have a Tweaked K-Frame if the car was in a wreck in it's past.

I know about the measurements. I will double check them, but even then I don't think it will matter because there is play in anything to adjust the engine besides the tail shaft. I've had this car since high school and I am 24, I have never been in an accident, but there was rear 1/4 damage when I got the car, but it was very small, so in my opinion I doubt it was from that. My last set of flow tech headers fit just fine with plenty of space to the frame rail.

cool man, yeah I'd double check the measurements and go from there, and you're right, if the dimensions are off, not much you can do if for some reason the K-Member is out of spec. Ma' Mopar was a bit sloppy with the metal work back in the day, and it is possible to have one out of speck from the factory.

Of course I don't know the history, but I assume you have new motor/trans mounts in, and if not that'd be the next place I would consider replacing.

I fought long tube headers for about 2 months, gave up and found out 2 years later how badly my K-Frame was messed up from a wreck.

cool man, yeah I'd double check the measurements and go from there, and you're right, if the dimensions are off, not much you can do if for some reason the K-Member is out of spec. Ma' Mopar was a bit sloppy with the metal work back in the day, and it is possible to have one out of speck from the factory.

Of course I don't know the history, but I assume you have new motor/trans mounts in, and if not that'd be the next place I would consider replacing.

I fought long tube headers for about 2 months, gave up and found out 2 years later how badly my K-Frame was messed up from a wreck.

This transmission and Engine were in the car before, but this is the first time I have had these headers in. I will check measurements. Future plans were to go aluminum front K frame from Hemi Denny soon anyways

Somewhat figured it out. Cut about 1/4-3/8 inch off slip tube bottom and worked with mounts etc and its good now.

-
Back