TTI Hemi Mounts!!

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
In the new issue of Mopar Collectors, I just saw an ad for new TTI Hemi to A-Body (and B-Body) motor mounts......for the new generation Hemi's.

I had no idea someone was making these.......What I want to know is what about our standard 727 trannies.........

Will a new generation Hemi bolt up to my 727 ???.......or do I need more thousands to convert that too ?? I KNOW a newer set-up would be better, etc....BUT, can I get in the game without the added expense ??

:read2:

The new gen 5.7 and 61, 6.4s will take the same trans thats fits an LA small block. So you could use a 727, 904, etc that is for a small block.

Other than that nothing is the same.

Does anyone have a really definitive answer on this question from an actual documented build?

I have to know the answer to this beyond the shadow of any doubt.

They sell a 73-76 A-Body Kit (don't know why they don't list the 70-72 with that....?) and I'm really considering a Dart Sport I've been building for the swap........BUT, I have a good 727 in there, and don't want the added expense or work to mess with.............

Gotta know............Simply gotta know........... :read2:

Does anyone have a really definitive answer on this question from an actual documented build?

I have to know the answer to this beyond the shadow of any doubt.

They sell a 73-76 A-Body Kit (don't know why they don't list the 70-72 with that....?) and I'm really considering a Dart Sport I've been building for the swap........BUT, I have a good 727 in there, and don't want the added expense or work to mess with.............

Gotta know............Simply gotta know........... :read2:

Well it is even listed in the newest issue of Mopar Collectors that the trans will connect up. I just wish I could you more o nthe mounting etc. But several guys here are doing and have done 5.7s in Darts etc.

I didn't see that in there.......Gonna have to mill about the new issue more.......

Maybe I can get more with a search on FABO from some guys who've mated them up.........Seems to me that they'd not change the patterns.....the mounts and such I can understand..........

But these TTI mounts look like the ticket to save a whole lot of headaches, trial and error.........I suppose now I'll have to put my name in at the local yards for some donor cars with a nice Hemi, or just break the bank and get a crate.........probably a lot more sense to go brand new on something like this, so I could pick and choose the delivery system and wiring difficulties.

If anybody else reads this post and has a link to some articles on the mating of the 727 with a new Hemi, let's see it.............. Thanks.. Doc 8)

I just finished putting one in a '72 race duster, I think the guy bought the Schumacher mounts, and the tti headers, it was a tight fit but it slid in, He was using a kisler 5spd auto.

tti has had trhe mounts and headders for that swap for a while now. ye your small block trans will bolt right to it. think it uses a special flexplate though.

I'm about 3/4 done w/my 3rd gen hemi swap.. yes the TTI motor mounts and headers work w/factory K frame.... u have to use the truck front timing cover though w/the accessories up top. Or u could just use the Altercation K fram that RMS sells. U will need a center sump oil pan from weldtechstainless.com as well..... I'm using the XV motorsports carb set up w/the igniton controller.

The 727 will bold right up.. no issues.

This is a definate. I have one of the first Hemi swaps to be done. Yes purchase the TTI mounts, they are worth the money. They will position the engine in the bay properly. You can use a 727, but to get the transmission mount to bolt in you will have to flatten the body to firewall seam. When you have the engine on the mounts and go to bolt the trans mount, the bell housing will touch the firewall seam. This seam sticks down about 3/4 of an inch, just remove it and weld the seams together or just hammer and dolly it flat. This part is your choice. Or use a 904 with a aftermarket pump gear for strength. The 904 is smaller. The flywheel part is easy, just use a 5.7 Hemi flywheel (8 bolts), and have a machine shop cut the ring gear off. Use a standard torque flight converter. Headers are you choice or not. I used 2005 Grand Cherokee exhaust manifolds. They are small, but flow pretty good. Cost me maybe 15 horsepower I think. I have the 6.1 camshaft, with the 6.1 springs. The retainers are the same. I removed the 8 MDS lifters and replace them with regular ones. The ignition and fuel injection part is up to someone else to help you, if you choose to keep the fuel injection. I chose to carburate mine, (makes for a cool looking combination under the hood). MSD Ignition is down the street from my house, They built a system for the 5.7 that is a stand alone system to run the coils. It runs on the factory cam and crank sensors, and is truly a simple system to put on. P/N for the controller is 6013. There are two different coil setups on the 5.7. You need the harness that goes with your configuration. Your steering column will need some reworking as the part sticking thru the firewall will probably hit the corner of the drivers side head, this is an easy fix. If you are putting it in an A body, power steering will not clear the exhaust manifold or TTI header. So be prepare for the conversion to manual steering. Power brake booster won't fit, convert to manual brakes. Disk brakes on front and drums in the rear, mine stops on a dime. Summit makes universal aluminum radiators, it fit with only simple homemade brackets. You need to run an electric fuel pump, and no more than a 650 carb. I recommend a double pumper, the manifold is a single plane and it needs 2 pumps to overcome the huge plenum under hard acceleration. Mine is jetted at 68 and 70 with a 6.5 power valve. This Hemi runs best overall with no more than 29 degrees of total timing. It lost HP on the chassis dyno with more timing. It put out 381 fwhp, 302 to the wheels both at 6000 rpm. I hope this answers your questions. I have not tried to put one in a B body, It should have a lot more space. This is my experiences and 2 cents on the 5.7 swap. Its worth all the work in the end. Runs like mad and is smooth all the time. This is the best overall package I have ever owned. It cruises without effort at 3200 and sits your butt in the seat with the flip of the pedal on the right. Good Luck and see ya around. Sorry this got so long but a lot of people need to know some info on this swap.

-
Back