TTI's to Doug's swap and headpipe fitment issues?

-

Beatnik

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about swapping my TTI's for Doug's while my motor is out. TTI's have been great but there is nobody around to recoat them for me and I want some nice new looking headers going back on my nice new engine. Wondering if I buy some Doug's if my exhaust will bolt back up easily? Anyone switched and had issues where the collectors end up and have problems fitting your pipes back up? I'm hoping its minimal and a little tweaking is all I will need. Thanks!

It should be REALLY close as one sort of copied the other on collector placement

Thanks for the input guys....I may buy the Doug's then since I can get them quicker i think.

Only reason for not buying TTI again is really availability and cost. Can get Doug's a little quicker and they are a bit cheaper. Heck never used Doug's either. Always fun to try new stuff...I'm converting to man steering and already have a mini starter so not worried about fitment etc really. Was just the collector location. I really don't wanna have to get new pipes bent up. That would defeat the purpose...

It will be close but I would be prepared to go to the muffler shop or do some cutting and welding.

I would take the money that you are going to spend on the new headers and have the TTI's recoated.

Hey everyone, thanks again for all the input. I ordered up a set of Doug's already since I can get them quickly from Summit. I'd recoat my TTI's but there's nobody close by that do a good strip on them and a fresh ceramic coating.

So....we'll see how t he Doug's fit up to my headpipes. A little modification is ok...no big deal if need be.

I currently have one interested party in buying the TTI's...if that falls through then I'll post 'em in the for sale section!

Thanks again!

-
Back