Tubbing has started

-

rc14

jr member
Reaction score
I am mocking up rear sub frame rails getting it all laided out.

Attachments

• dart tub 2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 359
  • dart tub 3.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 351
Hows the contours compared to the factory ones? looks close for the majority of the rail. I was gonna order a set but wanted to talk to someone who had them...any input can give would be appreciated. Looking good so far...

76orangewagen

i snapped a few pictures so you could see a little better i hope.

Attachments

• 100_2971.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_2972.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 262
  • 100_2973.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 100_2974.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 100_2975.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 100_2976.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 272
Thanks, those pics help alot....looks like there kinda close but still will need to fabricate some panels.... was kinda hoping to keep the factory look in the trunk but that does not look possible....look forward to the install process, are you gonna mount a front crossmember to tie into ? I have to finish hanging the Quarters before I tackle the Rails so I figure a good month to decide... again thanks.

Who did you get your rear frames from??

ya Auto Weld Chassis 2 x 3 x 11ga Very Pleased with them.
76orangewagon
I plan on building a cross member with a drive shaft loop on the inside of the rails then build new header to run out to support at the old front spring hangers. They will custom build you some frame rails if needed i just ordered what they had in stock.

Green1
I was (still don't know) going to run monoleaf and caltracs so i don't want to run them in to much but may do 4link not sure yet. mostly street but want some good 10 second times. I have a uncle with a chebby that i have to be faster then. lol but he has more $$$ then me so once i spank that butt he will just install a procharger or something.
I hope to get some work done this weekend we will see.

Nice pieces, look like they follow the original frame rails pretty close.
Keep us updated.

onig

Roger,
I talked to Rob at Auto Weld Chassis today regarding a set of frame rails and told him my concerns regarding fitment issues regarding the extra height around the arch how it looked in your pics being about 1" higher, Rob told me that they are designed to fit under the factory floor and they might fit better if you lowered the front part to the bottom of the factory rail not flush to the floor pan in front.. do you think that this would help your fit closer. Please let me know if that will lower the middle for a better fit since if I send a template to custom bend the price jumps to over $500.00 and I'd like to avoid that....thanks Ross

-
Back