Tube Chassis Hemi Dart Project

-
Scott,
from the look of the frame, it appears there will not be a passenger seat.
If so,that really sucks. Id love to take a ride in it but I dont want to be the pilot.:burnout:
Andrew
Hey Andrew, how's it going. I removed the passenger seat so I could take a photo of the wheel tubs. It is back in now though so you will get a ride!

AWE inspiring! And a nice clean car to start. Your a lucky guy,finding such a rust free car.

Beautiful and well thought out build you have going there. Great craftsmanship.
It's hard for me to fathom all of the time you have spent doing this car, let alone the money.
I think going back to the chrome bumpers was a wise decision, especially with black, it will make the car ''pop'' a little more. The monochromatic look only goes so far in my opinion.....Great work on the dash installation too i may add.
Keep the updates coming!

Beautiful and well thought out build you have going there. Great craftsmanship.
It's hard for me to fathom all of the time you have spent doing this car, let alone the money.
I think going back to the chrome bumpers was a wise decision, especially with black, it will make the car ''pop'' a little more. The monochromatic look only goes so far in my opinion.....Great work on the dash installation too i may add.
Keep the updates coming!
Thanks Dartnut. When I trial fitted the chrome bumper on the car it did "pop" like you said and was really the look I should have been after all along. It also adds to the stealth "street look" I am trying to achieve even though the build carries mainly a race theme. I appreciate the compliments.

Steath? HA! The steamrollers and bars in every window will be hard to conceal,but good luck...

Nice build. The only thing I would of done different is put on new vinyl top and gold colored paint. But it looks great the way you have it. Keep up the good work.

no new pics/updates??....... you know we live for em'

Wow, first time I have seen this thread. Outstanding build...if I get down to Austin I would like to see this in person.

no new pics/updates??....... you know we live for em'
Hey Denny, I'm filling the doors this weekend with the glass and new vent window rubber and will be hanging them on the hinges so I should be able to load a few pics Monday morning. Have a good weekend.

Denny--I saw in your thread some talk about mounting struts on an A-body. I know you have seen them on many race cars but here is a pic of how we mounted the Strange struts on my Dart. As you can see, it is the typical way race cars are set up with a down bar coming through the firewall that attaches to the lower frame. The strut mounts came from Applied Racing.

Attachments

• hemi0020.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 766
Thanks for the pic, we are working on placement of the supports now, and are planning on leaving the inner fenders in tact so it's gonna get intersting, I think I have a headach already just from staring at problem for so long.

thanks for the strut pics....I like the strut...I just couldn't figure out how to keep a stock inner....but skypower is gonna figure it out for me.

hey...where ya' been?.....whats new on the Dart build?

I know.....trying to figure out how to add A/C after I mention the heat..right?

Hey Denny, trying to balance family and Dart project. This weekend I accomplished the following: mounted passenger side door, fixed brake fluid leak at line lock, cleaned and painted front bumper brackets. Getting the door ready to mount was an all day task. First I had to install the new felt channel gasket that mounts vertically along the forward edge of the glass, then fitted new vent window gasket, new cat whiskers for nice window rollup functionality, new door handle, and new door lock. It was fun trying to remember after a couple of years how to install the rods inside the door to hookup the door lock and the door handle. Here is a lousy picture taken this morning with my Blackberry just to give an impression of what it looks like now with a door instead of an open gap in the side of the car. This next weekend the other door gets mounted and then new windshield installed. By the way, thanks to the wife for helping put the bolts in the door hinges while I busted a nut holding the door in place. No chipped paint!

Attachments

• hemidoor.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 706
just wanted to check up on ya'......there is a lot of unglamerous work putting a car back together...I'm with you ....I took most of mine apart 5 years ago and luckily these cars are fairly simple

the roof of your car....thats not Jimmy Hoffa in there is it?

just wanted to check up on ya'......there is a lot of unglamerous work putting a car back together...I'm with you ....I took most of mine apart 5 years ago and luckily these cars are fairly simple

the roof of your car....thats not Jimmy Hoffa in there is it?
Good eye on the roof. That is a comforter protecting the roof and my cowl hood laying on top of that.

Good stuff just keep plugging away you will get it done.
Thanks skypower.

Anyone know what the adjuster screw underneath the bottom front of the door adjusts? I know the one near the top of the door connects to the vent window assembly and adjusts it in and out. The one under the door just turns either way and I do not see it doing anything to the window. Help appreciated!

Denny--I saw in your thread some talk about mounting struts on an A-body. I know you have seen them on many race cars but here is a pic of how we mounted the Strange struts on my Dart. As you can see, it is the typical way race cars are set up with a down bar coming through the firewall that attaches to the lower frame. The strut mounts came from Applied Racing.

um, Wow. Looking good. Struts would be cool on our cars........ Denny, got your napkins out?

-
Back