Tube Chassis Hemi Dart Project

-
Thanks skypower.

Anyone know what the adjuster screw underneath the bottom front of the door adjusts? I know the one near the top of the door connects to the vent window assembly and adjusts it in and out. The one under the door just turns either way and I do not see it doing anything to the window. Help appreciated!

If I am thinking of the same screw that you are referring to........... it adjusts the front to back alignment of the side window by placing the angle of the front glass channel. I guess that by default it would also align the vent window frame with the A-pillar. We talkin' the same lingo, brother? L8r

Jim

If I am thinking of the same screw that you are referring to........... it adjusts the front to back alignment of the side window by placing the angle of the front glass channel. I guess that by default it would also align the vent window frame with the A-pillar. We talkin' the same lingo, brother? L8r

Jim
Thanks gerahead, that sounds right. For some reason on my car adjusting it in or out makes no noticeable difference in how the glass lays. I guess I will just tighten it up and leave it alone. Thanks again.

I just found this build and it makes me jealous. I wish I stiil had my dart of that yr model. I have a 68 gts now. I'm just east of houston close to Royal Purple raceway as its called now. where do you plan on running that bad *** car.

I just found this build and it makes me jealous. I wish I stiil had my dart of that yr model. I have a 68 gts now. I'm just east of houston close to Royal Purple raceway as its called now. where do you plan on running that bad *** car.
Thanks mopwr2004a. The two closest tracks I'll be running at are San Antonio raceway in Seguin and Little River raceway east of Temple. Will definitely make a trip to Houston's 1/8th mile track as well.

Thanks mopwr2004a. The two closest tracks I'll be running at are San Antonio raceway in Seguin and Little River raceway east of Temple. Will definitely make a trip to Houston's 1/8th mile track as well.

let me know when you plan on making it to one of the tracks. I've been to temple,seguin,dento,ennis,pinevalley,HMP,Royal Purple(former houston raceway park) Memphis,evadale, going to Topeka next week for the ADRL race helping on a couple of buddys cars.

hey Hemidart528...whats new?

progress report..... now past due.....WTF (pardon my French)

hey Hemidart528...whats new?

progress report..... now past due.....WTF (pardon my French)
Hey Denny, I agree, WTF? (Where's The Fun?) I am still at the mercy of backorder hell. I ordered a new windshield from an Auto Metal Direct dealer and was informed after I ordered it that they are on backorder until July 15. Also, my rear bumper is still at the chrome shop 3 weeks after the first three weeks it was promised. Of course, if this was a chevy project I could get everything from a-z at walmart. In the meantime, I'm doing small stuff like mounting inner door handles, fabricating arm rests that work around the side bars of the roll cage, and getting ready to mount the front bumper, headlights, and grill.

Hey Denny, I agree, WTF? (Where's The Fun?) I am still at the mercy of backorder hell. I ordered a new windshield from an Auto Metal Direct dealer and was informed after I ordered it that they are on backorder until July 15. Also, my rear bumper is still at the chrome shop 3 weeks after the first three weeks it was promised. Of course, if this was a chevy project I could get everything from a-z at walmart. In the meantime, I'm doing small stuff like mounting inner door handles, fabricating arm rests that work around the side bars of the roll cage, and getting ready to mount the front bumper, headlights, and grill.

Yes sir, you are correct. Us Mopar guys are alway's waiting for some part! I'm waiting on a lower 1/4 for the Demon. It's not to bad when we have other things to do............ Keep at it! :thumrigh:

Yes sir, you are correct. Us Mopar guys are alway's waiting for some part! I'm waiting on a lower 1/4 for the Demon. It's not to bad when we have other things to do............ Keep at it! :thumrigh:
Thanks Mark, I appreciate the words of encouragement.

Waiting on parts is no fun I'm still waiting on my motor, been at builders since February, still not done.

Waiting on parts is no fun I'm still waiting on my motor, been at builders since February, still not done.
You are right Skypower. I'm not sure what your machine shop is up to but it has been my experience when something takes that long that they are not working on your stuff at all. They are letting others cut in line ahead of you.

good to hear from you....got to stay up on my Mopar bros.....as long as your movin forward...it's cool

Denny

You are right Skypower. I'm not sure what your machine shop is up to but it has been my experience when something takes that long that they are not working on your stuff at all. They are letting others cut in line ahead of you.

I have a little "340" at the machine shop for a sleeve and a stock rebuild, 30 over of course and it's still not done. It's only been 4 years, that's right, 4 f-ing years! He is a good friend of mine and I stop every week to check because he is 2 minutes from my business and I let him know that he has given me the longest hand job in the history of hand jobs! I told him not to rush because he will get paid in installments, over 4 years (and counting) LOL. Now, this motor is for the 68 Dart that my friend "Brother Mark of Findlay" is doing for me and the body isn't ready yet so its not a problem but I would love to have had it 3 years ago when I could have sold it and built another one. You know, make a little cash. I have 3 more 340 blocks that I was planing on building, selling, to help fund the project but, oh well, life goes on.

Here's a quick blackberry photo to show some progress while waiting on parts. Got the headlights mounted, fender extensions bolted up, valance mounted, and grill support in place. We are halfway done on restoring colors to the grill and hope to have it and the new AMD bumper installed this weekend. Oh yea, IT'S ON THE GROUND!! This is the first time in over a year it is not on jackstands. I had forgotten what it was like to have it slammed on the ground at ride height and trust me it is bitchen. I noticed some settling of the front stut springs after about an hour (that big 700 lb Hemi already making itself known) so I had to crank another inch into the struts to bring it back up to ride height.

Attachments

• hemifrontlights.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 618
OHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH..............nuff said!

now.... how about a outside shot?.......or am I askin for too much?

That thing looks menissing I think my car is hiding in the corner cowering right now, good thing your in Texas and I'm in Florida I would have to leave my car in the garage.

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that it's a roller,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ROLL that thang outside in the sunlight a give us some outside PICTURES!!!!

Thanks Skypower, HemiDenny, and HEMI-ITIS. Since I have not fired it yet it will have to be pushed in and out of the garage for some pics. As soon as I have the front and rear bumpers on so my sons can help me push then we'll get it outside. The whole family already knows the drill--DON'T TOUCH THE PAINT!

Thanks Skypower, HemiDenny, and HEMI-ITIS. Since I have not fired it yet it will have to be pushed in and out of the garage for some pics. As soon as I have the front and rear bumpers on so my sons can help me push then we'll get it outside. The whole family already knows the drill--DON'T TOUCH THE PAINT!

She looks fast just sitting there......... Black Dart? sounds good to me!

......Do you want me to send over Bro' John for the push-out?...he never even wants me to touch MY OWN car unless I have a towel between me and the car....sheesh!

......Do you want me to send over Bro' John for the push-out?...he never even wants me to touch MY OWN car unless I have a towel between me and the car....sheesh!

All I have to say is your in good hands my friend. The thing will shine, shine, shine!

-
Back