Tube Chassis Hemi Dart Project

-
Where is here?
My guy works at Schindler elevator here in Austin, getting to know a commercial electrician also wouldn't hurt. They use alot of 10ga and they will usually give you the end of the spool if its short as well.
Andrew

about 20miles south east of Houston. I will do a search in the YP's for someone. now I know what to look for.

If your a true car enthusiast the hood scoop shld not matter or make it brand specific.

me personally like all cars if they are built and done tastefully. I'm trying to sell a project now that has a hood which i'm being told is hideous and a chevy scoop, and would be a deal breaker on selling the car. I think it's funny as hell that this wld be a deal breaker on purchasing a car just because of the type of hood it has.

hemidart528 that is a interesting piece you have on the carb. is that a screen of some type for a filter. I like it if it is and where did you get it

hemidart528 that is a interesting piece you have on the carb. is that a screen of some type for a filter. I like it if it is and where did you get it
The air screen comes from intensityracingproducts.com. They make a variety of styles and it is the lowest I could find to fit under my hood. Very happy with the quality.

I love the hood. What's a "Chevy"?
Thanks Old Man Mopar and mopwr2004a for the support. Which leads me to a Weekend Update. I finally sorted my bumper problems out by buying a new AMD rear bumper. It is for a 70 since that is all they make so I converted by buying some used taillight housings off of ebay and new lenses as well. I like the look. Also, I mounted the Dzus buttons on the hood and the leading edge stainless trim. Finally, the hood is on!

Attachments

• hemirearbumper.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 554
  • hemifrontblackhood1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 566
  • hemifrontblackhood2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 578
you have my outright permission to cold-**** the first idiot that remarks....I had one just like it in high school..et al..blah-blah-blah....I promise..it was NOTHING like this MONSTER!!

Really lookin' MEAN

Denny

you have my outright permission to cold-**** the first idiot that remarks....I had one just like it in high school..et al..blah-blah-blah....I promise..it was NOTHING like this MONSTER!!

Really lookin' MEAN

Denny
Thanks Denny. And you are right...any car I have ever had has always attracted some character that walks up at a show or at the strip and tries to tell me he had one just like it except maybe a little different here or there, etc.

Beautiful Build... What class you plan on running?
Thanks DusterDj. Oklahoma is right next door to Texas so maybe we can get our rides in the same location sometime and bench race. I'm setting this car up to run low 8's in the quarter and still be able to cruise it for short bursts down to the local drive-in hot rod hangout. It's an easy Super Comp car at NHRA divisional meets but for the most part I will run it in some open outlaw classes at my local tracks.

Thanks DusterDj. Oklahoma is right next door to Texas so maybe we can get our rides in the same location sometime and bench race. I'm setting this car up to run low 8's in the quarter and still be able to cruise it for short bursts down to the local drive-in hot rod hangout. It's an easy Super Comp car at NHRA divisional meets but for the most part I will run it in some open outlaw classes at my local tracks.

Nice man. We can do that some time. My primary focus right now is Drag Week the Unlimited Class. I have no idea what class to run with NHRA. Maybe Comp Eliminator would work. I hope to run some low 7's high 6's with the car if we can manage the power right. I'm sure I'll see you at one of these Mopar shoot outs one day...

Nice man. We can do that some time. My primary focus right now is Drag Week the Unlimited Class. I have no idea what class to run with NHRA. Maybe Comp Eliminator would work. I hope to run some low 7's high 6's with the car if we can manage the power right. I'm sure I'll see you at one of these Mopar shoot outs one day...
Good idea on running comp. I see Larry Larson ran the nova in AA/AT and did quite well at Kansas. I will try to get up to Amarillo to see you run.

Really lookin' MEAN

Denny

Thanks Denny. And you are right...any car I have ever had has always attracted some character that walks up at a show or at the strip and tries to tell me he had one just like it except maybe a little different here or there, etc.

That kinda stuff tells me right away what I'm dealin with.They look at my junk and tell me how thier dad or brother bought one lust like it{minus the blower}.So,,,,I tell them my car was a factory experi-mental since mine is a '63 originally /6 with 3 on the treeand the hemi was mid year for '64:toothy7:

Lol,I especially love the tards that say "nice Nova,had one just like it". You also can plant a foot in thier arses for me....

yeah...there are a few fruitcakes out there....but what I love about our Mopars brethern is most are really just good ol' car guys....and appreciate the effort of evey aspect of the build

I agree Denny that most Mopar diehards know their stuff and appreciate hard work when they see it.

How many times have any of you guys been at the track or at a show and run across "Mr. Know-it-All" or "Mr. Done-it-All?" Two experiences come to mind for me.

I used to run a 66 nova in NHRA Super Street heads up class. At the Texas Motorplex, after making my fastest run ever at a 10.40 in the quarter, some cedar chopper comes up and says "waddya run?" I said 10.40, feeling pretty good about myself. He replies with "hell, I used to have a stock mustang that ran nines." Nice.

Then the topper. I was at a show one time and a guy comes up and says "nice motor." I said thanks. He then says "you must not know anything about cars." I said "excuse me?" He says "well, if you did, you would know that's not a motor. Its an ENGINE. Motors used electricity for power, engines use fuel, spark, and oxygen!" Of course I had always known that, but who gives a rats a$$.

Oh well, enough rambling. Going to put the new windshield in this weekend and the car will be finished! Getting ready to fire the big Hemi soon. Wish me luck it fires on the first try.

-
Back