tubular front suspension

-

71Street

Reaction score
Well I figured I should start a new tread, my lca project took the back seat for a bit, but I will be back on it as soon as I get this finished first. Comments, criticism, ideas welcome on my suspension project. And a big thanks to Hemidenny for taking the time and advice given to me!

Attachments

• 20150330_175419.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,743
  • 20150328_212907.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,715
  • 20150330_203712.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,680
I hope you're not planning on competing against Dillinger Chassis. That guy is amazing!

I hope you're not planning on competing against Dillinger Chassis. That guy is amazing!

I agree, unfortunately seems like he completely disappeared, I tried to buy some stuff, and his website is now gone and tons of unreplied emails. I hope everything is OK with him.

It's coming, hopefully get it put in today.

Attachments

• 20150403_122057.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,564
  • 20150403_121952.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,519
  • 20150403_122005.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,498
  • 20150403_121931.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,554
It looks nice but it will be interesting to see the oil pan that fits with it
while keeping the engine low. Love to see it in the car!

It looks nice but it will be interesting to see the oil pan that fits with it
while keeping the engine low. Love to see it in the car!

It's in, has a milodon oil pan, actually for a 65 b body, (was already on the motor when I bought the 440) lowered the motor a half inch from where it was with stock mounts, fits beautifully, I'll post some pictures to. As you can see the shock tower had been butchered at some point in time, so I made new control arm mounts, and I will be cutting off the existing coil over mount and cleaning that up as well. I forget how much fun all that undercoating is to clean off!

Attachments

• 20150402_232629.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,509
Cool. If you get a chance, stick a camera up in there and snap a couple. Ground clearance (when you get it on it's wheels)?

You bet, it's sitting exactly where it will once I get tires on it. I measured everything before I took all the existing suspension off, as you can see a 4x4 clears the oil pan (technically 3.5 inches,) and a jack has the spindle height where it will end up, but I will post some pictures, but it should be sitting exactly how you see it when it's finished.

Are you considering building these for others? That is some awesome workmanship there!

Ya I would, but I want to see how it performs first. I also have a guy locally who wants one for his 68 dart, and another for a 70 roadrunner. So ill keep things updated as I go. I would love to build one out of polished stainless, but I'm not sure if my tubing bender will handle it or not.

I imagine that is going to be a coil suspension and finally get rid of those darntorsion bars which are always in the way. Am I right?

Jean-Guy

It wasn't stainless but i can't imagine the need for more than .125 wall stainless. That would be quite the pricey k member out of all stainless lol.

Yes it would! I just have a ton of it laying around, it would be a bit overkill, but if you got it, might as well use it.

Would anyone be willing to try this product and see how they like it? I'd love to get it out there and see what everyone thinks.

-
Back