tubular front suspension

-
Ya, I'm almost positive a stock oil pan won't work, can't say for sure as I haven't messed with the new hemi in an a body

Ya I would, but I want to see how it performs first. I also have a guy locally who wants one for his 68 dart, and another for a 70 roadrunner. So ill keep things updated as I go. I would love to build one out of polished stainless, but I'm not sure if my tubing bender will handle it or not.

I'm going to keep watching to see how it goes. So far everything I see is awsome.:prayer:

Stock Hemi oil pan won't clear your rack?

- Christopher

I'm not 100% sure on that, can't say one way or another, I don't have one handy to measure, so I don't want to say one way or another. I do know it clears small block and big block as long as there's at least 6 inches before it dips down to the sump. If you see my picture, that's a big block 62 to 65 b body oil pan, my rack sits 1/2 inch below, and almost an inch in front of where my tape is butted up

Attachments

• 20150407_204239.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 926
Might be Saturday or Sunday evening, but I'll try to lift mine up and get a few measurements for you on it. That way you can judge and see if you think it'll work.

- Christopher

Might be Saturday or Sunday evening, but I'll try to lift mine up and get a few measurements for you on it. That way you can judge and see if you think it'll work.

- Christopher
Sounds good, try to put a picture, because if memory serves me right, the pump/ sump area of the pan is right in the front, then goes up, roughly where mine actually goes down. Make sense?

Finished and powder coated. First picture is after motor mounts were welded on. My camera on my phone quite working, sorry I couldn't capture pictures of fit up. I'll post installed pictures

Attachments

• 20150407_203619.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 915
  • 20150410_172806.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 874
  • 20150410_172849.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 884
It looks nice but it will be interesting to see the oil pan that fits with it
while keeping the engine low. Love to see it in the car!

Here it is

Attachments

• 20150411_171125.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 856
  • 20150411_171145.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 824
Just need to bolt up the other spindle, put brakes on and she's done.

Attachments

• 20150411_171047.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 851
Interesting. Wouldn't mind seeing how the front wheels fit when you get it put on the ground and get it outside. You will probably like the steering if it's set up well.

Hey mate!

That's an a very very very nice looking setup. I'd love to know more about it.

Are you using a 2" drop Mustang II spindle?

What is your front suspension width?

thanks man

-
Back