Tubular Lower Control Arm Thread

-
Well I did a weight comparison, and so far I removed 66 lbs and replaced 58 for a whopping 8lb savings. Will probably get a couple more with the tie rod assemblies. Hey 8lbs is 8lbs.

All weighed with a fish scale.

8 lb's is worth it. Hell,any amount is worth it when your chasing #'s..

First pic back on the ground.
DSCF0629.jpg

JOHN i never heard from you,,,,did you recieve my money order for the adapters ???

MockK.jpg

what's the ID measurement of the lower mount here wanna check it against my afco doubles. thx!

As long as you are under 1" you will be fine, because the mounts are adjustable. The strange coilovers have misalignment spacers built in so they are a tight fit.

Stay tuned in the next couple of days I will put together an adjustable strut rod that I will sell that will be cheaper and better than what is out there. I will also put together and give you all of the part numbers for a rod end to heim conversion to help eliminate bump steer on these lowered setups. :cheers:

Just wondering why people are so into the heim joint steering? The factory steering angle are pretty darn good as concerned with bump steer. On top of that, the heim has a hotter life span for a street car. Not saying its a bad idea, just wondering why people are so into them. Thanks.

Curly; I think the hiem joint craze is about having more adjustability..I agree with you on the factory stuff. Nothing wrong with it,and bump steer with the factory parts is virtually nil.

-
Back