Tubular upper control arms

-
All I hear is crickets chirping, where did 10secdart go when it was time to defend his company and it's products.

I have nothing but good things about Bill and his products at RMS.

All I hear is crickets chirping, where did 10secdart go when it was time to defend his company and it's products.

I have nothing but good things about Bill and his products at RMS.

A fellow I know through work was chatting with me about your parts 10secdart. He had been on the phone with you many times. He was a day or so away from making a purchase from you. Then I showed him the pictures of your upper control arms off the roadrunner that had both break. then of the k member that broke. I'm curious how his conversation with you went. He told me he intended to ask you about both. And as no surprise He's looking at the Blue Moon piece rather then yours. He won't consider yours anymore. I wonder why(don't wonder very hard it's pretty easy to know why) He was stuffing a 20K+ hemi into has 40K+ just finished cuda. I'd rather not see that apile of scrap because of a 2K turd.

Wazoo64 did the welds on the kframe look any worse then they do with the powdercoat? I know powdercoating kinda fills in bumps. I'm just curious if you saw those welds bare. I'm no pro but even my amateur welds look better

Welds did not seem to be an issue with Cap Kmember. Its just a very flimsy design that has some serious design flaws. I was new to Mopar when I bought the system but knowing what I know now I would have gone with RMS Alterkation. Best product and service out there.
Caps product is just a kmember and if you plan on running that with their rack & pinion then make sure your life insurance is in good standing. scary stuff.

Both the RMS and the Magnum Force products look good. Is one better than the other for any reason?

magnumforce has had a ton of quality issues over the years. other then geometry i haven't heard too many recently.

RMS i have never heard a bad word about. EVER. and the customer service is second to none..

magnumforce has had a ton of quality issues over the years. other then geometry i haven't heard too many recently.

RMS i have never heard a bad word about. EVER. and the customer service is second to none..

Yes Bill is well known for his excellent service and quality parts:thumbrig:

Control Freak Suspensions & Blue Moon Motorsports is just a cheap knock off of the RMS alter-k-tion

I know joe. dealer price on a blue moon piece is 3800 usd selling to the customer has an msrp of 4K and thats in the same setup as bills at 3600.

How do the Firm feel control arms rate in the line-up?

I have their steering box and was looking into a set of their arms.

I visited the magnum force shop today. There parts looked really nice. They are going to install a set of square tube frame connectors in my Barracuda in three weeks.

... I was told by Cap that when we powdercoated it that it must have changed shape due to the heat. ...

100% Grade A BS is right!!! Poor wazoo, still dealing with this nightmare. <<<< big hug for you >>>>>

It's hard to believe that place is still in business. It's nice to see a rehashing of the original thread though ... 12,000+ members exposed to the truth all over again, who all have Mopar friends.

Now you all see why I insist on turning out top notch work around here for my boys. Reputation is everything, and even though it's rare nowadays, you can be assured that some companies do still care about craftsmanship and work product over the almighty dollar.

Best of luck with the tubular control arm setup! :-D

I bought some tubular a-arms from firmfeel. They are non adjustable. They come with the Ball joint and bushings. I installed them a few weeks ago with my Brake upgrade to LBP. They look good. They are real nice to deal with. www.firmfeel.com

I think Just Suspension has tubular uppers. But aren't they stainless steel? And doesn't stainless steel work harden and get brittle? So scratch that.

Hotchkiss just jumped on the Mopar bandwagon. http://www.hotchkis.net/geometry_corrected_tubular_aarms_6772_dodge_abody.html Ouch! $660.95

Too bad about the CAP crap. Tubular K-frame and keep the stock torsion bars. Sounds good, but their execution sucks. Shame.

RMS sounds like our best option.

Wylde1.

I got the RMS uppers for my 68 cuda. No matter what, I'd go with Bill's stuff before anyone else's...

This thread is very timely for me; one of the guys over on the slant-6 board put in a pair of CAP tubular upper arms and I was considering doing likewise on my '73. Having read this thread, I'm no longer interested in buying from CAP.

Everyone says good things about RMS — terrific, that looks like a solid option. But what about the MagnumForce "Double Adjustable" upper arms? If I'm reading and understanding correctly, they provide some kind of threaded adjustment (for caster and camber?) without removing the arm from the car. That sounds worthwhile, is it?

The RMS arms also say "adjustable", though I can't tell what exactly this means, and they offer a choice between "chrome-moly/teflon-lined rod ends or special tapered spacers or polished stainless steel poly bushing ends". Which is the better choice for a street-only car? I don't want to be dealing with noise from the control arms.

So we know RMS has top-notch customer service, and that's important. If we leave it out of the question for the moment, is there any advantage either way to MagnumForce or RMS arms?

Thanks.

has anyone had any bad luck with magnum force? thinking about their tubular upper and spindle with wilwood brake pack....

has anyone had any bad luck with magnum force? thinking about their tubular upper and spindle with wilwood brake pack....

go with the rms stuff and then do a wilwood upgrade. stock spindles have nothing wrong with them and imo their is no sense in replacing them.

http://www.magnumforce.com/magnumforce_tubular_control_arms.htm

Take a look at the pics of the three different arms that they offer.
The first one is not adjustable. Your only adjustment would be with the stock cam bolts.
The second one is adjustable but the adjustment points must be unbolted (the cam bolts) to adjust the arm.
The third arm allows full adjustability without removal of the cam bolt.

The RMS arms also say "adjustable", though I can't tell what exactly this means, and they offer a choice between "chrome-moly/teflon-lined rod ends or special tapered spacers or polished stainless steel poly bushing ends". Which is the better choice for a street-only car? I don't want to be dealing with noise from the control arms.

it means exactly what it says. they are adjustable. you screw the rod ends in or out and can adjust for more or less caster over what the cam bolts can usually do.

i don't really think the rod ends will annoy ya while driving,. if your gonna drive the car in the winter with salt and all down daily then go with the bushed ends but other then that the rod ends will be fin in my opinion.

-
Back