Status
Not open for further replies.

plymouth67

It be a lot cooler if you did...
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
Testing the waters on interest on some tuff wheel adapters. These adapters are machined out of Delrin, a high strength black plastic. This material is very strong and will always look new and black. We will be selling these for $75.00 plus shipping. We can also make them to custom lengths if needed. The original ones are getting harder to find and reproduction ones are out of stock everywhere and over double the cost. Let's see if there is interest in this.

image000001(1).jpg

image000000.jpg

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg

image000001.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting.

Are the splines plastic?

I can't find "Durlin".

Do you mean Delrin?

what do ya use for the steering wheel studs?
Since the original ones had acorn style nuts to fit in the spot face on the wheel to help center it. We decided to use countersunk cap screws.

image000000(2).jpg

interesting concept. I like it. Im not at that point in my build yet but something to keep in mind.

The custom length bit is nice too.

Delrin is a self lubricating "engineering plastic", similar to industrial nylon.

Many gear components in the hobby field are made from it, such as those used in RC cars and model trains.

Great concept. Very interested in a shorter version. How short can you go on a custom length?

Anyone who would like to purchase one (or multiple..lol) Please send me a PM. We are just starting on these so we don't have any inventory yet so we will be making them as the orders come in and, trying to have a few stocked up. We will fill and ship in the order we receive the PM's. We will charge when your item is ready to ship.

I believe if you prep them properly they would but, I can't say for sure.

I believe if you prep them properly they would but, I can't say for sure.
I have a cousin who paints cars. He’s told me to buy Bulldog spray adherent . Spray it on any plastic (once you’ve cleaned the surface first) then you can paint it and the paint will stick.

I am interested for sure. I too would like to know how they hold paint and exactly how you would like me to measure for a custom length. I assume overall length.

Overall length from the edge of the column up to where you want the face of the surface the wheel mounts to the adapter.

I also want to add to let everyone know that since this is made from a plastic that you will need to run a secondary ground for your horn to work. It's very easy to do and, I can walk anybody through if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back