tunes

-

ibleedmoparts

Reaction score
What is everyone doin for stereos in their A body? I really hate to cut the dash plastic but if im forced to...any suggestions or ideas?

I was lucky to find an old shaft stero. I think it's a Blau. But, theres some aftermarket units out there.

Anyways, I hooked it up to a amp and a set of 6x9's in the rear deck. That's it.

well I tell you ,put the ORG were it belongs.Then hide your good unit out of site, were you ask in the glove box thatssssssssssss were I put mine.KEEP your unit from CRACK HEADS.I have heard of to many stories of damage glass, trim,weatherstrips,dashes.Trust me unless you have an alarm or keep an eagel eye on it.my 2 centssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss today.

I was the same way as you I hated to cut the dash. I ended up mounting the stereo on a slide mount that I had. This was an under dash mount, under the ash tray. I used the ash tray mounts to mount the slide so I wouldn't have to drill into the dash. I don't smoke so I didn't miss the ask tray. The other thing was I could remove the stereo and put it in the trunk or house when ont in use.

FAT245%20Stereo.jpg

Thats the Setup in My A Body....well it will be when i get it back from Paint...

I have always mounted my head unit in the trunk and used a wired remote to control it. Everything is there amps subs etc.
And safe LOL
Stay away from Dual products they are crap and the factory customer service is worse.
AL

I have the original radio in the dash and a Custom Audiosounds Secret audio unit hidden under the dash.

My dash is already cut for DIN, so that's what I'll put in, when I get around to it.

Planning a Pioneer head unit, a 4 channel amp and a sub amp in the trunk, Boston Acoustics speakers.

I still have the original radio with single front speaker. But with open headers, you can't even hear yourself speak or think in that thing, let alone any AM radio station.

Mine is mounted under the dash, using the slide in sleeve that came with the new radio. There were existing holes under the dash that lined up with the numerous holes in the sleeve.

My dash was'nt hacked up when I got it and I had an am that still lights up....don't know if it works but it lights up Lol,couldn't cut it(the dash) and man...I like cutting stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!so am/fm/cd w/remote in overhead console with tweeters mounted there also,haven't finished the rest of the system yet.

IM000005 headliner waggin.JPG

dash.JPG

I'm having this issue myself. It would be perfect to just have a small amp to hook an an Ipod to and forget the head all together.

I wonder if this can be done?

-
Back