Tunnel ram or no tunnel ram...

-
I got rid of European style mufflers and put Spintech 3000 on my car. This change made the car idle better and cruising seems more stable. Did minor ifr tweaks and it seems to run very good. Too bad I don’t have enough time to work on my own car this year. Hopefully in about 2 months it will be better.
I like the new sound! Old muffler before welding new ones for comparison. Amazingly the new ones are quieter on idle and at low rpm driving. Wot is another story…

View attachment 1716099687

Sounds great and seems as though you having it running very well.

Sounds great and seems as though you having it running very well.
Yes I will try to find time to perfect carbs tune and suspension setup. Suspension part will take some time and eat some tires. Bought 2 pairs of Hoosiers and waiting for them to show up. It now cruises at 14.0, wot is 12.3 and idle 14.0 so really not much more to do.
The only thing that annoys me is 11+ afr when I touch the gas and how easy it is to flood it when starting hot. I can live with it but want to make it better.

I promised some people to do some work on their cars… too many cars it seems and now can’t find time for my own things ;-)

My 12 year old daughter was recording and my 5 year old son was in front seat. You can hear her giggling while recording. My kids are all mopar. All these cars around them, they get to experience the best stuff, hemi cars as well. Shame it all became big money cars. For price of 68 hemi Charger you can get an apartment downtown or nice piece of land to build a house. Seems like everything skyrocketed in last 2 years.
Anyway I will try to put 67 Coronet back together. This is 605 with 1071 blower. I hope I can make it streetable. Cam and carbs will need some good decisions. Can’t wait, its a full interior car with all chrome and nicely integrated cage.
Will post some photos when I get that bds blower over here.

Anyone know if the Indy t-ram's are all based on max wedge ports? I have a weiand that might need extensive welding to make work with my port window on my trickflows, it's smaller than max wedge but .400 more csa than the trickflow 240s and the weiand ports look smaller than a factory cast iron port.
Edit they're max wedge port....dang it.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the Indy t-ram's are all based on max wedge ports? I have a weiand that might need extensive welding to make work with my port window on my trickflows, it's smaller than max wedge but .400 more csa than the trickflow 240s and the weiand ports look smaller than a factory cast iron port. Edit they're max wedge port....dang it.
Why not open ports to max wedge in 240 tf heads? The port in indy as cast is slightly smaller and needs work to fit anything. Frankly quailty of this intake is questionable and I really needed to spend time to make it usable. I bought a new one.

Why not open ports to max wedge in 240 tf heads? The port in indy as cast is slightly smaller and needs work to fit anything. Frankly quailty of this intake is questionable and I really needed to spend time to make it usable. I bought a new one.
Okay, maybe that's something to try. Thank you for the reply

Okay, maybe that's something to try. Thank you for the reply
Some photos of 240 head opened up.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Did you by chance have your heads flowed to get some numbers?
This was done by Larry Smith. Photos are from his facebook. He puts flow charts there also. He does great work, fewer and fewer people like this around unfortunately.
There is a nice increase with doing this. I did similar stuff with big block RPM heads and did flow tests berfore and after. I will find this and post over here, it was a while ago but I will find it.

This was done by Larry Smith. Photos are from his facebook. He puts flow charts there also. He does great work, fewer and fewer people like this around unfortunately.
There is a nice increase with doing this. I did similar stuff with big block RPM heads and did flow tests berfore and after. I will find this and post over here, it was a while ago but I will find it.
I have an old flow bench at work, as soon as I can figure out how to make more time in my life my plan is to be one of these guys doing great port work. @Rat Bastid lives near me and is a great teacher and does nice port work so I have a mentor, and since he has an engine Dyno we can probably help each other make more money!

My numbers for RPM heads were:

.100 113

.200 181

.300 240

.400 280

.500 316

.600 328

.700 332

This was included 5 angle valve job and back cut valves. Of course max wedge intake port. I’ve seen 340 at .700 by people so this is nothing impressive. I was thinking about bigger intake but this never happened. I sold them.

I have an old flow bench at work, as soon as I can figure out how to make more time in my life my plan is to be one of these guys doing great port work. @Rat Bastid lives near me and is a great teacher and does nice port work so I have a mentor, and since he has an engine Dyno we can probably help each other make more money!
Here you can see numbers by Larry for 240 head max wedge intake and stock valves.

9B891843-FE07-41B6-A783-EC6199F71E94.jpeg

That stuff freaking looks great and better numbers than the 270 trickflows. He definitely does nice work!
Yes 400+ cfm from Indy SR heads with standard valves. I was thinking about 2.25 intakes to max out my heads. Will do something after this season for sure.

Yes 400+ cfm from Indy SR heads with standard valves. I was thinking about 2.25 intakes to max out my heads. Will do something after this season for sure.
Damn, that's going to make big power

Either from standard to max
I gained 24 cfm at .600” but it’s not a fair comparison as I had different seat angles with bigger port and I saw there is much room for improvement, thing is that I already had Indy top end on my mind and was not motivated to max out Edelbrocks. Also different carbs were used. Power wise I had a jump from 643hp using small port and 850 double pumper to 697hp with max wedge port and 1050 dominator so really you could feel it instantly.

Last edited:
This is what my plugs look like with current tune. I can’t make idle leaner, when I try it’s becoming unstable.

48D4EF28-DDA8-4EFC-9369-BA103AA00411.jpeg

-
Back