Tunnel ram or no tunnel ram...

-
HA! You’d have to be able to get one first, let alone two of them buggers. I want to open one up and finger fondle it for a good while but I doubt we will see them before 2023.
True. Looks like lots of fingering fun to be had.
Good to see an adjustable idle air bypass built in.
A friend of mine was blowing his load over them, so I figure the first one I'll see will be on one of his shitboxs.. If they ever become available..

Last edited:
True. Looks like lots of fingering fun to be had.
Good to see an adjustable idle air bypass built in.
A friend of mine was blowing his load over them, so I figure the first one I'll see will be on one of his shitboxs.. If they ever become available..

Yeah, the idle air bypass is a big deal. Much nicer that drilling holes in butterflies.

If I get two 750s can you set them up for me? Just a question… ;-)

I will certainly help you. If you want me to do them I can but shipping (and I assume there would be more taxes on them when they ship back) would be a killer.

Either way I’ll help you.

I will certainly help you. If you want me to do them I can but shipping (and I assume there would be more taxes on them when they ship back) would be a killer.

Either way I’ll help you.
Shipping would be in USA so no problem. I have a shipper that sends to me for cheap and so far tax free so I came back to some shopping.

Frankly at the moment I’m pretty sure I want APD tunnel ram pair. Price is good and they are all billet carbs. I wanted them in silver body and bowls with black metering block and base plate.
I know they work together with Indy cylinder head which makes things somewhat safe in my view.
It’s a shame I don’t have displacement for dual dominators though ;-)

I’m working on 605 for a guy and this is Indy top end tunnel ram dual dominator setup.

9955BD6A-C5BB-4934-A99C-D15F548AD87B.jpeg

While I'm doing some shopping I started thinking about air cleaners and scoops...
Is there any soop that could work? I need about 1,5 inches more than my six pack scoop can handle. Any ideas would be great!

Also I realized today that this tunnel ram idea is more expensive than complete big block stroker kit from 440 source...

While I'm doing some shopping I started thinking about air cleaners and scoops...
Is there any soop that could work? I need about 1,5 inches more than my six pack scoop can handle. Any ideas would be great!

Also I realized today that this tunnel ram idea is more expensive than complete big block stroker kit from 440 source...

I bought a Mopar Prostock scoop and had it glassed into a lift off hood made by Larry at Sled City.

20220602_093914.jpg

20220602_085135.jpg

20220611_110031.jpg

OK so far I bought Indy 400-I4-15 intake and side mounted carbs linkage, still digesting the pro stock scoop idea and trying to decide what carbs to run.

BLP is 755 for build yourself option but it’s more like 800+ when you start to add stuff from base level, APD is 978 complete pre set carb with addition of billet bowls. FST billet extreme is 850$ but it’s up to me to do all needed modifications.
They all keep telling me that dog leg booster will be better but can’t really explain why they claim it…

Also talked to Edelbrock about their new holleys and they told me that there is good chance that they will at least prepare documentation for 2x4 people if pre a as sr pairs won’t be available yet.

BLP is 755 for build yourself option but it’s more like 800+ when you start to add stuff from base level, APD is 978 complete pre set carb with addition of billet bowls. FST billet extreme is 850$ but it’s up to me to do all needed modifications.

Of those options, I like the APD choice the best.

Any other suggestions?

I no longer want to use anything that isn’t made from billet. The APD sounds like the best deal, but if they use a cast Holley main body I wouldn’t use it.

The billet stuff is so much better and more accurate it’s not funny.

William Baldwin put a video on his YouTube page (it could have been his Facebook page now that I think about it…it was he one or the other) comparing a new main body against an older main body of the same size.

The new main body flowed less because the manufacturing tolerances weren’t as good.

If you get a quality made billet main body it won’t have those issues.

BTW, if you haven’t yet, look into twin blade carbs. I think Tony Morris is the actual guy who has the “rights” to manufacture twin blade stuff (last I knew there was some court stuff going on…don’t know if that’s cleared up yet) but I think they can make more power than a convention 4V carb.

I’ve only had one chance to tune on a pair of them and dang they are nice. Of course the pair I worked with were a mile off and I never got them totally unscrewed.

Hopefully next spring I can get the engine up here on the dyno and flog the crap out of it and get the carbs where they need to be.

Any other suggestions?

I try to stay out of the custom carb conversations.
But I think my advice would be similar to buying a custom converter.
Buy it from someone you feel is on the same page as you are for the combo, and that you’re comfortable that they’d be able to help you with advice down the road, should you need it.

D12339A6-36B1-41EB-9EFD-9FDFCE768652.jpeg
A8DAE14B-445D-42C2-99C1-F7413A5E2DE8.jpeg
I no longer want to use anything that isn’t made from billet. The APD sounds like the best deal, but if they use a cast Holley main body I wouldn’t use it.

The billet stuff is so much better and more accurate it’s not funny.

William Baldwin put a video on his YouTube page (it could have been his Facebook page now that I think about it…it was he one or the other) comparing a new main body against an older main body of the same size.

The new main body flowed less because the manufacturing tolerances weren’t as good.

If you get a quality made billet main body it won’t have those issues.

BTW, if you haven’t yet, look into twin blade carbs. I think Tony Morris is the actual guy who has the “rights” to manufacture twin blade stuff (last I knew there was some court stuff going on…don’t know if that’s cleared up yet) but I think they can make more power than a convention 4V carb.

I’ve only had one chance to tune on a pair of them and dang they are nice. Of course the pair I worked with were a mile off and I never got them totally unscrewed.

Hopefully next spring I can get the engine up here on the dyno and flog the crap out of it and get the carbs where they need to be.

Twin blade carbs look interesting, I’ll call and ask, thanks for the tip.

8650C29B-A83D-4D4C-9C4C-A44DC2413FD1.jpeg

I talked to Tony Morris today, he explained to me the idea behind twin blade design and also offered standard 4 barrel with annular venturi.
Very nice stuff but pricey. It’s 2500 for a pair of 4 barrels and 3000 for twin blades.
Frankly here I’d go with twin blades but those prices are killing me. APD stuff seems even more like a bargain now ;-)
We will see, I can wait, winter is coming…

This is what you need!!! NO seriously!!!!
Well, maybe add 2 more carbs..
quadfinal13.jpg

-
Back