Tunnel ram or no tunnel ram...

-
Yessir. No, I don't push them tools anymore (I did it for a couple years,on and off, was taught by some people that used to be good friends of mine) but having a few years into that different type of exterior finishing, help round out who I am and it's actually saved my *** and Feed me more than once and at the same time I've been able to help other people out while I'm doing it. You got the Best Job Dude! The only thing I think would be cooler than that would be to restore antique Harley-Davidsons and Mopars exclusively, using someone else's budget of course! Lol not that I want to Rob them it's the whole point of not wanting to work with cheap people wanting you to build junk for pennies on the dollar
The only thing that would make job better is not taking in used car dealer parts to do bare minimum work and just do hot rod stuff only, have a paint and body shop there too, I love body and paint. I might have to make that happen on my own some day. Or I could raise cats too lol

The only thing that would make job better is not taking in used car dealer parts to do bare minimum work and just do hot rod stuff only, have a paint and body shop there too, I love body and paint. I might have to make that happen on my own some day. Or I could raise cats too lol
Right on my Brother! I hate doing jobbers for scumbag flippers, that just want to make maximized profit, and screw over everyone they can in the process, including minimizing your talents, your labor, and the materials they want you to use!

Right on my Brother! I hate doing jobbers for scumbag flippers, that just want to make maximized profit, and screw over everyone they can in the process, including minimizing your talents, your labor, and the materials they want you to use!
Yep, I'm in my bosses ear daily about stuff.
Basically it's "charge them more" based .

Yep, I'm in my bosses ear daily about stuff.
Basically it's "charge them more" based .
That's actually good that shows you as being "Management Material" Brother! I've been the same way my whole life if I can refine things to make them roll smoother I do not hold back on suggestions! However I ran into situations where you're working for a contractor 25 years younger than you and they're trying to reinvent the wheel! That don't work!

Tunnel ram is a "Ram charger" original idea, and they make amazing torque and HP. Just sucks looking around it in a street car.

Tunnel ram is a "Ram charger" original idea, and they make amazing torque and HP. Just sucks looking around it in a street car.
Yeah I can lose vision of an entire car from my windshield a-pillar I can imagine a tunnel ram being quite the blind spot lol

I use the “bob and weave” technique to see around it. Keeps me on my toes and have a better situational awareness.

I honestly haven't noticed an issue. When I had the 8" snorkel scoop covering the tunnel ram, that blocked tons, but I still felt pretty good about vision. The pro stock scoop is only 5" and seeing is fine.

I use the “bob and weave” technique to see around it. Keeps me on my toes and have a better situational awareness.
Mark, being nose high has to have challenges of its own. We are direct opposites that way, the rake of my car helps.

Can you share some photos or general idea of converting BLP main body to annular booster? Or rather booster to fit the body? I have no problem to use a lathe to solve fitment issues.
This global warming bs gave me hope for shorter winter but they over advertised as usual ;-)
what stuff should I get from BLP to pull it off?

Thanks!

Can you share some photos or general idea of converting BLP main body to annular booster? Or rather booster to fit the body? I have no problem to use a lathe to solve fitment issues.
This global warming bs gave me hope for shorter winter but they over advertised as usual ;-)
what stuff should I get from BLP to pull it off?

Thanks!

The banjo tubes that hold the booster insert have a square locator you need to turn them down into the diameter of the blp hole.
Blp will do it for you and send them ready to install. If you zoom in on the picture you can see they're round.

IMG_20221011_195856515.jpg

Last edited:
Or if you are really careful you can grab the booster in a lathe and turn the hex down. That’s how I do it. I also have the tool to install the boosters so I just do it here at the shop. When I’m not looking for main studs and other crap I can never find lol

Or if you are really careful you can grab the booster in a lathe and turn the hex down. That’s how I do it. I also have the tool to install the boosters so I just do it here at the shop. When I’m not looking for main studs and other crap I can never find lol
Thanks for finding the main stud. Lolololololololol

Well, I guess it's tunnel ram time for me too !!!
Myself and @MidnightSwinger did some trading today (pleasure to meet you dude.)
I will be running 2 of the BLP 850 carbs like mine in post 364.

Fyi,
BLP builder kits up an additional $100.00 from less than a year ago, still quality stuff and much cheaper than buying a prepped carb

I got rid of European style mufflers and put Spintech 3000 on my car. This change made the car idle better and cruising seems more stable. Did minor ifr tweaks and it seems to run very good. Too bad I don’t have enough time to work on my own car this year. Hopefully in about 2 months it will be better.
I like the new sound! Old muffler before welding new ones for comparison. Amazingly the new ones are quieter on idle and at low rpm driving. Wot is another story…

EDC7A818-E5FD-4AF3-9D10-4AD1835813BD.jpeg

I got rid of European style mufflers and put Spintech 3000 on my car. This change made the car idle better and cruising seems more stable. Did minor ifr tweaks and it seems to run very good. Too bad I don’t have enough time to work on my own car this year. Hopefully in about 2 months it will be better.
I like the new sound! Old muffler before welding new ones for comparison. Amazingly the new ones are quieter on idle and at low rpm driving. Wot is another story…

View attachment 1716099687

Lol, that's killer

-
Back