turbo 360

-
its me again the other built isnt going to hapend buut i have a 73 duster body i wanna do the turbo on it full race car , just 2 seats and autometers haha

the motor a 360, .30 over dish forjed pistons 8.5cr to use 92 octane and scat h beams , for strengt but a stock cast crank ( low budget )

fuel system fuel cell, aeromotiveA1000 with fuel regulator , -8an braided lines, strip dominator intake , blow throug 750

also automatic trans a904 , hughes 3,500 torque convertor, and a 4.56 gearing with some 28x105 slicks

and i saw anotherA isnt using a intercooler do i need one or not ?

for turbo i was looking in ebay and saw a holset ht60 will this work whit my combo ?

92 octane on regular and sometimes race fuel ...again 92 is cheaper :D

its me again the other built isnt going to hapend buut i have a 73 duster body i wanna do the turbo on it full race car , just 2 seats and autometers haha

the motor a 360, .30 over dish forjed pistons 8.5cr to use 92 octane and scat h beams , for strengt but a stock cast crank ( low budget )

Not a bad plan. Turbo motors don't have to rev so they aren't as tough on the crank as an equally powerful naturally aspirated motor.

fuel system fuel cell, aeromotiveA1000 with fuel regulator , -8an braided lines, strip dominator intake , blow throug 750

also automatic trans a904 , hughes 3,500 torque convertor, and a 4.56 gearing with some 28x105 slicks

Don't forget a suitably powerful ignition in your combo, and spending the time to get it dialed in right. Makes a world of difference in a turbo motor. Also, your gears may be a bit too steep.

Well, you have to distinguish a want from a need here... but you'll definitely want one. More reliability, more power, what's not to like about it?

for turbo i was looking in ebay and saw a holset ht60 will this work whit my combo ?

There's a couple different Holset HT60 versions out there, but probably.

Not a bad plan. Turbo motors don't have to rev so they aren't as tough on the crank as an equally powerful naturally aspirated motor.

Don't forget a suitably powerful ignition in your combo, and spending the time to get it dialed in right. Makes a world of difference in a turbo motor. Also, your gears may be a bit too steep.

Well, you have to distinguish a want from a need here... but you'll definitely want one. More reliability, more power, what's not to like about it?

There's a couple different Holset HT60 versions out there, but probably.

thanks for the answer

the ignition i was thinking like prine say a MSD mech distributor , a MSD BTM ignition and msd pro power coil

ok so i will be using an intercooler haha

a good turbo would be a borg warner s400.. super cheap.. and make great power and are name brand.. a guy i know have a turbo 351 windor in his mustang and mad 625hp to the wheels at only 8 pounds of boost with one of these..

here is a link to where you can buy one..
http://turbodaves.com/Products.html

Mr Prine, I've got a question for you...in a street/strip situation, with the emphasis more to the strip side, would it make more sense to use 2 smaller turbos as opposed to 1 larger unit/
Any advantages or dis-advantages I should consider? Other than the plumbers nightmare, that is.
The victim of choice is a 69 Valiant with 360 engine, the goal is to be able to run only a 10.90 et, but to be able to do it anywhere I may take the car.
Here in Nebraska in the summer, the temperature and the humidity level fight to see who's boss, and a turbo seems like a better way to reach the goal than high compression and a big camshaft. Have the cake and eat it too.
Any suggestions?
Alan627b

No, you would go with two big ones. Smaller = more restriction = run out of flow up top, where a strip car needs to live. For street it would be opposite, and two smaller exhaust housings would spool quickly and keep you in boost at lower RPM where a max flow situation is less important.

Start looking at compressor maps.

Prine and anotherA are the guys to go to on here for turbo...i suggest looking in the mopar section over at the turboforums.com as there is tons and tons of information there...turbos are defnatly a lot of work, especially fabbing, so i hope you have the skills for it...im no turbo guru, but if you want in the 10's or even 11's with a turbo i think a set of 3.55's are enough to turn the tires to mush- that may even be too much as well...and the 904 you have im hoping is built up as it needs to be able to take the power and shock of boost...also, i personally think an intercooler is a must especially with your goal- if you want the power and want it more reliably, get an intercooler as it will only help you....also, you dont have to buy a carb done, if you check out the turboforums theres a whole article there about modding a carb yourself to make it blow through, which shouldnt be too hard to do in light of tackling a whole turbo build..good luck with everything!

Prine,
Is this what you mean when you say..too big is just about right??

Turbo.jpg

-
Back