Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
those swing out kits are only $40.00 i thought that was a good price i also keep reading about the dillinger radiator supports on these cars and how well the stiffen up the front end so i ordered one last night i don't think i could build one for the price he sells it at just to have steel shipped is a lot of money and by the time i bend that tube up and fab the other pieces i just think $70.00 is a great price

Attachments

• lower-radiator-support2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 530
those swing out kits are only $40.00 i thought that was a good price i also keep reading about the dillinger radiator supports on these cars and how well the stiffen up the front end so i ordered one last night i don't think i could build one for the price he sells it at just to have steel shipped is a lot of money and by the time i bend that tube up and fab the other pieces i just think $70.00 is a great price

There is a member here that builds those for cheap! Also tubular controlarms and such. Ask Mad Dart!

just an up date just received my methanol injection system, my oil sump tube, carpet kit, and the new wheels and tires showed up already (that was Fast)

Attachments

• bullitt-chr-nt555_sm.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 532
There is a member here that builds those for cheap! Also tubular controlarms and such. Ask Mad Dart!

Dillinger is a member here, he's the one mad dart got his from, he has a link on one of his build forums, he also makes a cool lower control arm kit but with the altercation setup i already have tubular upper and lower control arms

dude ,you hit the lottery or what? spending money like a mad man! LOL nice bikes too.and seat warmer! im going to follow this till is done. keep up the good work. mark

dude ,you hit the lottery or what? spending money like a mad man! LOL nice bikes too.and seat warmer! im going to follow this till is done. keep up the good work. mark

Same thing I asked:D....
I forgot he was selling the Harley he posted down the page. He kept the seat warmer! I would have too:cheers:...

Dan, much better choice in wheels!!! I have had several sets of Welds and really burned out on them. Seems every car I see now has them.

Dillinger does some nice work!

been al over the internet looking at rear sway bars and all of the ones for these cars will end up hitting my coil over shocks but got to looking at the nascar style ones they seem like they could work even found a welder series for cheap but have reservations on them because i dont know how to figure the spring rates on the torsion bars does anyone here understand how to figure the spring rate a person would need

i like how you mounted it I have not seen the end swivel mounts like that before i was thinking of running it through the frame and the bar that mounts the 4 link set up with the bars just out side the frame rails ill have about 1.5" between the tire and frame when i am done just enough room for the bar but not sure yet

i like how you mounted it I have not seen the end swivel mounts like that before i was thinking of running it through the frame and the bar that mounts the 4 link set up with the bars just out side the frame rails ill have about 1.5" between the tire and frame when i am done just enough room for the bar but not sure yet

They make another one that mounts through the frame rails. Is the car mini tubbed? Your probably at some point gunna want to put some meats under it so running anything past the frame rails may not be a good idea.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cee-2041/media/images

i haven,t mini tubed it yet but it will happen right now i can only fit 12.5 wide tire back there i rolled the rear fender lip and reshaped the inner fender so the tire can ride closer to the out side of the fender once i mini tube it ill get 15 inches of room at that point i would have to send the rear wheels out to be widened from 10 to 12 inches i was looking at tire specs an it looks like the widest 18" tire is only 13.5 giving me 1.5 inches left between tire and inner fender the. your sway bar setup is looking good to me because it would be easier to work on than my idea

They make another one that mounts through the frame rails. Is the car mini tubbed? Your probably at some point gunna want to put some meats under it so running anything past the frame rails may not be a good idea.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cee-2041/media/images

well looked for several hrs at anti roll bars like yours (looking for a deal) several types out there, but i ran into a store in New Jersey that had one in there store on sale got the magnum type you have for $210.00 shipped

just wondering about mounting the anti roll bar the wider you can make it the better it would work? or will it really matter i know the shorter the bar the stiffer it would be between links but the wider i mount it on the axle the more responsive to the wheel it should be does any one have a rule of thumb on this

Glad ya'll got that straightened out! Its not a sway-bar, Its a Anti-rollbar! :)

Dan, I would get a pair of 15" or 16" wheels specifically for slicks. You will need them once you hit the dragstrip!

Then again, there are door cars busting off 200+mph in the 1/4 in the X275 Drag radial classes!

Put it as wide as you can where it clears everything. You'll find out your gunna be tight so it goes where goes. Where mine ended up is the only place it would clear everything. I have a little room left for the addition of a wheelie bar if I ever need one.

Put it as wide as you can where it clears everything. You'll find out your gunna be tight so it goes where goes. Where mine ended up is the only place it would clear everything. I have a little room left for the addition of a wheelie bar if I ever need one.

i'll be able to go a little wider than you couple of inches my coil overs are in front of the axle

i'll be able to go a little wider than you couple of inches my coil overs are in front of the axle

If you mount it where mine is behind the axle your stock gas tank may need to go bye bye depending on how forward you can mount it. You may be able to bring it closer to the rear of the axle and mount the link brackets on the front side of the axle, opposite of where mine are or maybe on top of the axle to keep the stock tank and sump you already have.

If you mount it where mine is behind the axle your stock gas tank may need to go bye bye depending on how forward you can mount it. You may be able to bring it closer to the rear of the axle and mount the link brackets on the front side of the axle, opposite of where mine are or maybe on top of the axle to keep the stock tank and sump you already have.

i think the way that my suspension is going to be set up i could mount it on the front side of the axle but like your saying with the rear mount it will be tight but i have about 7"of space between the tank and the center of my axle not sure how long those end bars are but i do want ti try and mount the ends center of the axle

i think the way that my suspension is going to be set up i could mount it on the front side of the axle but like your saying with the rear mount it will be tight but i have about 7"of space between the tank and the center of my axle not sure how long those end bars are but i do want ti try and mount the ends center of the axle

WOW i was way off on the room in front of the tank i only have 3 1/2" in there and thats to center of axle housing.

As far as stripping the arms they sell steel ones if you need them there not much money either but these also have a bolt that goes through the bar.

-
Back