Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
ok so did all the measuring and I have to narrow everything 2 3/8 inches on each side and sinse the front frame of the seat does not interfer with the cargo panels i will only narrow the back frame and create a arch with the uphulstery to rap around the edge of the cargo panels the sections between the oronge tape is what i will remove and weld it back together i have to do double splices were the spring bases go so that i am only relocating them about 1 3/16

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 505
  • photo 2.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 503
ok got the spring section rebuilt its going to work out very well

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 498
  • photo.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 471
Looks good. I bet you will have to cut out the side panels to match the radius of the tubs!

Looks good. I bet you will have to cut out the side panels to match the radius of the tubs!

i'm not going to cut out for the wheel wells just stretch the bottoms out by adding a tapered wedge on both ends that way it still fits the upper trim piece and will also still look like the factory panel

ok i am going to post pics of the rear seat section in case anyone else needs this information it worked out perfect after cutting down all the pieces i showed earlier i then re welded everything back up only one other modification is needed to do and that is there is a outside brace that will have to be replaced the original is 1/8 material but i used 3/16 since i had to make it 2 3/8 inches longer

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 472
  • photo 4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 462
  • photo 3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 457
  • photo 2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 458
  • photo 1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 482
with the back tin on you can see how much you gain in clearance

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 457
  • photo 2.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 460
  • photo 3.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 464
I will need to mod my back seat also. I only had to angle off the bottom seat rear corners on my 68 fastback. I haven't started on the back yet. Thanks for the tips !!!!
Donnie

Man, you got more balls than I did!!! I was so sad when I cut the inner fender. I couldn't bring myself to cut that "H" code up like you are :)

All I am doing is improving on the car there is so much that has been changed on it that now to put it back stock would be be a lot and when it was done you would have a 44 year old car that drove like a 44 year car But when I am done ill have a car that will be faster and out handle almost any new car out there and at the end of the day I will have the best of the old and new and be smiling from ear to ear. :burnout:

All I am doing is improving on the car there is so much that has been changed on it that now to put it back stock would be be a lot and when it was done you would have a 44 year old car that drove like a 44 year car But when I am done ill have a car that will be faster and out handle almost any new car out there and at the end of the day I will have the best of the old and new and be smiling from ear to ear. :burnout:

Bro, I understand your theory! But it will never handle like a new car reguardless of what you do. The balance just isn't there, period. Think of the Ford Lighning, 50/50 weight distribution. You might get it close to handling as good as that truck :)....

Of course I was building it for straightline not curves.

You will definitely make it a better handling car from its original state. The Alter-K-tion stuff will be a huge improvement for sure!!

Bro, I understand your theory! But it will never handle like a new car reguardless of what you do. The balance just isn't there, period. Think of the Ford Lighning, 50/50 weight distribution. You might get it close to handling as good as that truck :)....

Of course I was building it for straightline not curves.

You will definitely make it a better handling car from its original state. The Alter-K-tion stuff will be a huge improvement for sure!!

i have a video somewhere that Bill Reilly sent me of a dart that is out performing a modern super car with the same suspension that i have but the barracuda will have wider and lower profile tires and a lower center of gravity and i am building a air splitter and a rear defuser for the car that will increase ground force substantially also i am incorporating nascar technology into the car front and rear nascar sway bars and a custom tail spoiler based on the nascar design when i get it done she will be very sweet on a side not look into what Detroit speed is accomplishing with the 60's Chevy's and the Mustangs

i have a video somewhere that Bill Reilly sent me of a dart that is out performing a modern super car with the same suspension that i have but the barracuda will have wider and lower profile tires and a lower center of gravity and i am building a air splitter and a rear defuser for the car that will increase ground force substantially also i am incorporating nascar technology into the car front and rear nascar sway bars and a custom tail spoiler based on the nascar design when i get it done she will be very sweet on a side not look into what Detroit speed is accomplishing with the 60's Chevy's and the Mustangs

Maybe I should have elaborated a bit more!
With the kind of horsepower that setup should produce you will overpower any suspension you put on it!!

You will have to learn how to drive that baby!

Maybe I should have elaborated a bit more!
With the kind of horsepower that setup should produce you will overpower any suspension you put on it!!

You will have to learn how to drive that baby!

Thats part of the grinin from ear to ear is'nt it

well i now have lots of spare parts

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 386
  • photo 2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 402
The cool part is that all the trim is in great shape the console and interior is in great shape also and the front fenders are good also

-
Back