turbo 6 bangers post here

-
Have a great day and congratulations on the old track reopening near you :cheers: Looking forward to seeing updates :thumblef:

Well today is D day there's a small 1/8 mile track opening today. After many years of being closed down and I was thinking what better time to bring out the toad then today I'm not sure what to expect today but the car is running good and by all accounts is ready. I'm not planning to push the car to hard today and im interested to see what it. Will do honestly its a hard charging beast at 7psi of boost and if I'm feeling good it may go up to 12 to 15 psi today but the star will need to be aligned just right for that to happen.

STAY TUNED I'LL POST SOME UPDATES LATER TODAY
AARON

We're listening..... 60-foot times and all.... :)

man,,,whats been going on here have I been gone that long shoooooow it will take me 5yrs.to catch up..haha im not on much the week ends taking the boy to the track today.frist time he sead hes been pracktasening.in my other car In the shop.hes probly made as meany pasess as me and hopfully didn't move an inch.I hope.witch reminds me.I geuss I better cheak it just to see if I can............haha . be back on Monday it all I can do know look at this thing........but benck reacing is a lot cheaper I should say that to soon.Imite have to be putting in a sisy stick:prayer::prayer::prayer:haha.........love you guys Artie:coffee2::coffee2::burnout::burnout:

Ok all I made it down to Onondaga today and I was able to make three passes but only the second one was a clean run.
The first one the motor wasn't loaded up and when the tree turned green the toad tipped over and I double pumped the throttle and got through the run after that but didn't get the time slip.

On the second pass I flashed the convertor and left at about 3000 rpm and run a 9.508, 74.91 mph,.616 reaction time on 7psi of boost

Thrid pass cranked the boost up to 12psi and drove through the light but tried to heat the tires up. On the first two runs I drove through the water box.

All in all I had a blast and the people were awesome there was alot of nice cars and the turbo slant got alot of attention

I posted a video of the second pass on utube and will post a link tomorrow after it goes public
Aaron

Ok all I made it down to Onondaga today and I was able to make three passes but only the second one was a clean run.
The first one the motor wasn't loaded up and when the tree turned green the toad tipped over and I double pumped the throttle and got through the run after that but didn't get the time slip.

On the second pass I flashed the convertor and left at about 3000 rpm and run a 9.508, 74.91 mph,.616 reaction time on 7psi of boost

Thrid pass cranked the boost up to 12psi and drove through the light but tried to heat the tires up. On the first two runs I drove through the water box.

All in all I had a blast and the people were awesome there was alot of nice cars and the turbo slant got alot of attention

I posted a video of the second pass on utube and will post a link tomorrow after it goes public
Aaron

You beat us to the strip by a few weeks with your alky-toad

I am impressed!

According to the Wallace Calculater, those tomes equate to a 14.80/93mph quarter-mile times... fantastic for only 7 pounds of boost!!!!

Those times are very close to a stock, 1968 383 RoadRunner would turn.

Musclecar times... at only 7 pounds of boost!!!

I can't wait to see what this little jewel is going to do when you turn the wick up... LOL!

Keep us informed, PLEASE!!!

That's very impressive for a first-time out with a new car!:blob::blob::blob:

Here's a video I got yesterday this is the from the clean pass I made dude in the tubed nova wasn't to happy

[ame]http://youtu.be/vN2Cypoq5rg[/ame]

Congrats on getting your car going and I look forward to your progress !!!

That's cool. Looked like you hooked goood, close at the end.

Thanks All the car was a pleasant surprise and on only 7psi run as well as most of the mild v8. I had none of my launch control inputs hooked up so next time things should be different coming out of the hole.

I have a couple things to do before we go racing again but I'm going to try and take care of business and be back out there this weekend and would like to see some 7second passes
Aaron

Thanks All the car was a pleasant surprise and on only 7psi run as well as most of the mild v8. I had none of my launch control inputs hooked up so next time things should be different coming out of the hole.

I have a couple things to do before we go racing again but I'm going to try and take care of business and be back out there this weekend and would like to see some 7second passes
Aaron

Lookin' forward to it, Aaron!!!!:D

Lookin' forward to it, Aaron!!!!:D

I had a chance yesterday to do some electrical work on the valiant and I wired up my triggers for my launch control but it was 90 plus so I didn't take the car for a rage session maybe later today its supposed to be about 10° cooler
I've also been thinking about rising my jet size by one to accommodate for rising the boost pressure. I'm getting excited about going racing this weekend its been along time coming and it feels good to be back in the saddle again:blob:

Oh one more thing I also ordered the parts I needed to hook up my tci shifter I'm going to ditch the hurst promatic. I'm hope they be here today or tomorrow
Aaron

I had a chance yesterday to do some electrical work on the valiant and I wired up my triggers for my launch control but it was 90 plus so I didn't take the car for a rage session maybe later today its supposed to be about 10° cooler
I've also been thinking about rising my jet size by one to accommodate for rising the boost pressure. I'm getting excited about going racing this weekend its been along time coming and it feels good to be back in the saddle again:blob:

Aaron, what do you plan to run for boost pressure this coming weekend?

I know that ten pounds of boost REALLY wakes up our engine... a huge improvement!!!:blob:

Can't WAIT to try fifteen....:cheers:

Thanks for keeping us posted!!!!:hello2:

l never made back to the track sadly I blew the rad out of the valiant. But that was about 2 weeks ago, I've just completed a retro fit rad out of a 92 dakato and I was able to take the TOAD down to a local car show that's about 50 miles round trip the temp never went above 180° and that was with multiple pulls under boost:blob:
The valiant got a ton of attention at the car show and it makes me proud to be not only the owner but also the builder. :burnout:

Today was also the first day I was able to test the launch control inputs on my ignition and I pulled a couple of nice hole shots at 3100 rpm and leaving off the line at 7psi and the car handled and ran flawless and I love the positive action the TCI Shifter deliveries. The car is final hitting the gears like it should. I can't wait to get the car back down to the track and see what the changes done and see how much more improved the car is.

Aaron

l never made back to the track sadly I blew the rad out of the valiant. But that was about 2 weeks ago, I've just completed a retro fit rad out of a 92 dakato and I was able to take the TOAD down to a local car show that's about 50 miles round trip the temp never went above 180° and that was with multiple pulls under boost:blob:
The valiant got a ton of attention at the car show and it makes me proud to be not only the owner but also the builder. :burnout:

Today was also the first day I was able to test the launch control inputs on my ignition and I pulled a couple of nice hole shots at 3100 rpm and leaving off the line at 7psi and the car handled and ran flawless and I love the positive action the TCI Shifter deliveries. The car is final hitting the gears like it should. I can't wait to get the car back down to the track and see what the changes done and see how much more improved the car is.

Aaron

I have a 1993 Dakota 318/518 2-wheel drive. I pulled in to a Long John Silver's fish eatery last week to feed my face.

As I was walking away from the truck, I heard what sounded like steam escaping. I looked back at the truck just in time to see all my coolant splashed onto the ground in one fell swoop. It came from the engine compartment.... all at one time! Ten quarts!!!

Turned out, the radriator's top tank (plastic) an OEM piece, had literally exploded from the cooling system internal pressure. It completely blew the top radiator hos connector off the top tank. There was nothing left to put a hose on. There was also a crack that ran from the hose-connector toward the passenger side. More in next note...

Attachments

• 100_3647.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 726
I have a 1993 Dakota 318/518. I pulled in to a Long John Silver's fish eatery last week to feed my face.

As I was walking away from the truck, I heard what sounded like steam escaping. I looked back at the truck just in time to see all my coolant splashed onto the ground in one fell swoop. It came from the engine compartment.... all at one time! Ten quarts!!!

Turned out, the radiator's top tank (plastic) an OEM piece, had literally exploded from the cooling system internal pressure (had 215,000-miles on it!) It completely blew the top radiator hos connector off the top tank. There was nothing left to put a hose on. There was also a crack that ran from the hose-connector toward the passenger side. More in next note...

My computer was screwing up writing that note... hadda get into a different blank page.... sorry!

Anyway, as luck would have it, there was an auto parts store directly across the street, so I walked over there. THEY HAD A NEW RADIATOR Exactly like the one I just blew up!!!! I bought 2 gallons of anti-freeze and installed the whole mess.... only 2 bolts hold the fan shroud to the radiator and 2 bolts hold the radiator in! The two transmission cooler lines are easy-access on the bottom, and I had replaced the main hoses recently, so it was an extremely easy swap-out!

But, the point I wanted to make was that the top tank being plastic was probably responsible for the whole shebang.

I have never seen one blow up like that... Keep a good watch on it, Aaron!

And, congratulations on getting it running so well!!! I can't wait to see how it runs with more boost!!! Ours reallly leaves hard with 3,000rpm stall and 10 pounds of boost! Feels like about a 1.70 60-foot time, or thewreabouts.

More later...

Bill it wasn't till after I talked with you and you shared your experience with your dakato. That's when I decided to use what I already had and the magnum motor in the Dakota is being pulled and the truck is going to be scraped.
The car is running every good and I hope to make it down the track again I'm not sure if it will be 1/8 or 1/4 mile racing but it will be one of the two. I don't think my boost controller is working properly it seamsto bbe running strictly of the waste gate spring and I might just have to install one of my heavier springs till I can get the controller sorted out.

STAY TUNED
Aaron

Bill it wasn't till after I talked with you and you shared your experience with your dakato. That's when I decided to use what I already had and the magnum motor in the Dakota is being pulled and the truck is going to be scraped.
The car is running every good and I hope to make it down the track again I'm not sure if it will be 1/8 or 1/4 mile racing but it will be one of the two. I don't think my boost controller is working properly it seamsto bbe running strictly of the waste gate spring and I might just have to install one of my heavier springs till I can get the controller sorted out.

STAY TUNED
Aaron

Oh, I AM TUNED!!!! :blob:

Good luck at the strip!!!

Bill

Well I had yesterday off and was working on the toad and I fixed my boost controller and decided it was time to turn up the screws alittle bit and I made a couple of great pulls at 12psi and it woke the car right up.
I'm looking forward to the next time I can make it to the track I have all my electronic junk hooked up and all systems are a go. I gotta a buddy who promised to get some video of the carpulling a couole of hole shots next week .
So stay tuned

Aaron

"next week" has come and gone! Where are the videos???? lol

No videos this year sorry all I smoked number 1 piston a couple weeks ago at the track and the car is back on the jack stands again. But I have a new motor almost perped and ready for install so I'm hoping to have the car back together in about a week. But the weather here in Michigan is getting bad but if we have a nice day maybe just maybe I'llget some video. Thanks all for your interest in my little toad
Aaron

:banghead:
No videos this year sorry all I smoked number 1 piston a couple weeks ago at the track and the car is back on the jack stands again. But I have a new motor almost perped and ready for install so I'm hoping to have the car back together in about a week. But the weather here in Michigan is getting bad but if we have a nice day maybe just maybe I'llget some video. Thanks all for your interest in my little toad
Aaron

"Your Little Toad" is going to be a KILLER!!!

I can't WAIT to see it run with that long-rod motor!!!

Don't change a thing!!! Just bolt that head on there, intact...

We scored a trailer today (we can borrow it anytime we need it!)

Otherwise we are (I think) ready to race!!!

Wish us luck... Ten pounds of boost... I am predicting 12.38 @ 108mph.

Well, I always was arrogant... :blob:

(if it won't run at least that fast, I've been wasting my time and everyone else's...:banghead:)

-
Back