turbo 6 bangers post here

-
The more u post bout it the more i want to see it leave wheels high at TRP in nov .. I showed it to my dad and told him u was going to try to make it .. He said, "Finally, a slant-6 drag car again!" LOL! "Too many V8s" LOL!

Tell your dad thanks for us. He sounds like my kind of guy ("Too many V8's!") LOL!

We really want to make that Tulsa race. We'll keep pluggin'!!!

Thanks for your interest!:cheers:

The more u post bout it the more i want to see it leave wheels high at TRP in nov .. I showed it to my dad and told him u was going to try to make it .. He said finly a slant 6 drag car agin lol too many v8s lol

Doc, here are some pictures we took today with the slicks on..... Hope you like them.

Attachments

• 100_3616.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 895
  • 100_3622.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 840
  • 100_3627.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 887
  • 100_3680.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 854
Looks seriously "track ready" now :)
The overall look is great. Maybe some dog dish hubcaps or baby moons?
I'd think about black for the Mopar M and the intercooler tubes.
You're going to have a lot of fun with it.
:burnout:
:happy1:

Bill your making me feel like a lazy bum that valiant is looking good
Aaron

Well, you have accomplished a LOT is a very short time; I think you're making GREAT progress, and your lighter car will probably kick our car's *** when push comes to shove...

Keep humpin' you're doin' great!:cheers:

Looks seriously "track ready" now :)
The overall look is great. Maybe some dog dish hubcaps or baby moons?
I'd think about black for the Mopar M and the intercooler tubes.
You're going to have a lot of fun with it.
:burnout:
:happy1:

Thanks for the kind words!

We already had the intercooler piping (bought with no thought to color) and all the magazine ads featruring the stylized Mopar "M" show it in blue, so we went with that.

I think they make you take hubcaps off at the drag strip (safety issue) so we'll probably just get some chrome lug nuts for the back wheels and let it go at that, althoiuh I think it might look great with four (4) Moon (aluminum) discs... sort of a retro look.

Yes, we'll likely have fun with this ol' tub is if we can keep it running. I know that head gaskets are going to be a problem.... especially when we try to run 20+ pounds of boost (which we certainally will, eventually.)

Thanks a lot for the inspiraton!!! We'll post updates on here, as they happen.

Well, we have it down to a few hundred small items, now.... LOL!

Still to go:

hooking up several gauges...
adjusting the CalTracs
complete wiring job for the entire car
complete fuel system, including a return line and boost-oriented pressure regulstor
seat belt/shoulder harness installation
installation of a Snowperformance Boost Cooler alky injector system
ignition system installation (MSD 6-AL digital)
installation and adjustment of the waste gate
boost controller installation (different from the waste gate)
blowoff valve installation
homemsde 1.6:1 rocker arm installation
O2 sensor and datalogger installation (weld a bung on the downpipe)
put several decals on the car

You KNOW how slow we are....:(

But, thanks for the kind words!!! We need all the encouragement we can get!!!

You're a helluva lot further along than me !!:prayer:

What size are those rear wheels? Sbp? Has the rear suspension been modified at all?

What size are those rear wheels? Sbp? Has the rear suspension been modified at all?

That entire (8.75") rear end came out of a 1967 Dodge Cornet B-Body. It was 2" wider than the rear end in the car ( a 7.25" unit,) but was easier to find and a lot cheaper than am A-Body 8.75." I think we paid $175.00 for it, drum-to-drum. Big bolt pattern.

Then, we had to carefull measer the backspacing necessary for the wider rear end, and phone the specs to Stckton Wheel, in California, to get some fifteen-inch, 8"-wide wheels built that would put the tire in the center of the wheel well.

The slicks are 9"-wide Hoosiers, 26"-tall. The rear end has some adjustable 50-50 shocks that have some coil-helper springs arond them that raise the back of the car about an inch. The traction assists you see in the picture are Cal-Tracs. Stock, 48-year-old, leaf springs.

The slicks are a tight fit, and wouldn't work at all without the helper springs ro raise the body. I think we probably need to bite the bullet and get some new rear leaf springs.... (we're CHEEP!!!):cheers:

Thanks for your interest!

But, we are more time-limited (I'm 73, Freddie's 74!!!) :sad8:
Hmmm so u guys are going to have to leave it to some one how bout ... looks around .... ME .lol Nah just messing with ya bud :prayer:bill that things looking sweet man i think ur right on the track making u take the caps off if u going that fast .. just an fyi when ur running 16s they dont haha .. so cant wate to see whats next :fart:

Oh bill ! if i remember right ur going to need longer wheel studs bud them shortys wont cut it in tec

Oh bill ! if i remember right ur going to need longer wheel studs bud them shortys wont cut it in tec

Doc; you're right. My next purchase will be a set of "unbreakable" axles and some heavy-duty wheel studs. Just gotta find two nickles to rub together.... know what I mean??????:idea1:

Doc; you're right. My next purchase will be a set of "unbreakable" axles and some heavy-duty wheel studs. Just gotta find two nickles to rub together.... know what I mean??????:idea1:
Ya i got ya bud. just keep pluging away and its woth more then a plug nickle haha i got a nickle joke in to haha any way soon we are going to have to talk on the phone agin lol :D

Ya i got ya bud. just keep pluging away and its woth more then a plug nickle haha i got a nickle joke in to haha any way soon we are going to have to talk on the phone agin lol :D

Ordered a set of "unbreakable" (HA!) axles from Randy's Ring and Pinion this afternon; $495.00 shipped!
Not bad, with bearings and studs!

Guess my broken tooth will have to wait 'til next month; I hate dentists, anyway...:D

Ordered a set of "unbreakable" (HA!) axles from Randy's Ring and Pinion this afternon; $495.00 shipped!
Not bad, with bearings and studs!

Guess my broken tooth will have to wait 'til next month; I hate dentists, anyway...:D
Nice bud sorry bout ur tooth but just tie it to the bumper when u get the val running then have ur bud take off at full boost lol that fix it right up lol :tongue3:

i do wish ya luck , too bad i aint so far way i would help ya

Tulsa is one of my all-time favorite towns! When I was in my early 20's (1960s) I was playing a lot of music, and there was a club in Tulsa called "The Rubiat." I lived in Little Rock at the time, but I used to drive up to Tulsa on the weekends, play a gig on Saturday night, and go to the drags on Sunday. My cousin lived there, so I had a place to stay, away from home. I always had a ball when I went to Tulsa.

Yeah, too bad you don't live closer; we could use the muscle...:D

-
Back