Turbo head build

-
Another thing to consider is the strength of the stamped slant rocker arms. Anyone ever see one fail under a stiff spring?
I have the Comp 911 springs on my closed chamber head. I've operated the valves checking the rocker sweep and they don't act like they're breathin hard.

Another thing to consider is the strength of the stamped slant rocker arms. Anyone ever see one fail under a stiff spring?
Every slant I have built, used 340 springs and stock rocker arms. Cams from a very mild street cam to a race cam with .520 lift (even though the 340 spring is not reccommended for that much lift). I have turned my 170 engine to 7,000 rpm. Never had a rocker arm failure.
PS: One of my earlier 170 builds, had marks on the top of the pistons, where the valves had hit the piston. No failures.

I think the OP needs to buy a copy of Dutra's slant six performance book. Then he should go over to the turbo forum and search for anything from Bill Dedman. This will lead to other slant six turbo builds. All of which will explain exactly what he needs to do.
If I was going to build a slant six with a turbo, I would be talking with Charlie S.
Charlie has the time slips to back up the fact that what he builds actually works.
Charlie is, like Doug Dutra a Slant Six.org Hall of Fame member in recognition of Charlies success in building and racing slant six motors.

Last edited:
If I was going to build a slant six with a turbo, I would be talking with Charlie S.
Charlie has the time slips to back up the fact that what he builds actually works.
Charlie is, like Doug Dutra a Slant Six.org Hall of Fame member in recognition of Charlies success in building and racing slant six motors.
If you've ever seen Charlie's scrap book, it speaks for itself.

-
Back