Turbo or low profile Pro-charger for '65 dart slant 6?

-

jeffrey356

Reaction score
I have a need for speed. Does anyone know if I can and where to get a turbo or pro-charger for my 1965 Dodge Dart Slant 6? I would like 6 to 9 extra lbs of boost for the tower of power.

There's good info over at Slant6.org
There are plenty of guys there who have put turbochargers on slants.

whitepunknitro just did my supercharged slant. If you have questions fire away

would an Eaton M90 be too small? check out this little guy, an AISIN AMR500 off a JDM Subaru...may have to run 2...! Could mount a BBD on top...
kompresszor.jpg

Last edited:
Information is great! I'm just collecting info right now. I'm fixing drive-line shutter right now. I'm on a fixed budget and must save up for every little step I take towards making this dart slanty a bad ***.

Thay torquestorm ad looks like a v8, and we know they fit. Thats cool. I wonder if the parasitic loss of a 8psi blower is any more than an 8 psi turbos tax?

Pishta my slant has reclaimed its youth and then some with my Torqstorm blower. It will move with spirit under boost and I am using an electric fan instead of stock fan reducing parasitic loss.

MiradaMegaCab, I will be buying a rectangular Weber 38/38 2bbl carb that comes with a pkg deal with intake manifold and split headers. What carburetor is under your blower. I might need some kinda of hat for the Weber for the torqstorm set-up. I don't have it yet, so i can't give you the exact dimensions. Does anyone out there fab hats for carb inlet? Again, just collecting info. I don't have the exact dimensions yet.

Jeffery356, I stole that pic from TorqStorms website and FaceBook page.
It looks like a Demon 4BBL Blow thru carb. There's a difference between "boost referenced" and "blow thru" carburetor applications. You will need the "blow thru" carb and a "boost referenced " fuel pressure regulator.
Let's say you're running 8PSI of boost with 7PSI of fuel pressure. If you don't have a boost referenced regulator, your carb will only have 1PSI of fuel pressure. The boost referenced regulator will compensate for the pressurized hat.
I'd recommend asking LilNoah what he's using for a fuel system and timing. Also as stated WhitePunkOnNitro for further info, as he is experienced with boosted /6.

Mechanical fuel pump boost referenced to the back of carb hat. 3/8” fuel line. Holley 600 cfm 4 bbl with secondaries closed off for now

I have a /6 fuel pump that I fastened a spud into the atmospheric weep hole that ties to the cold side/carb hat output. Its the poor mans boost referenced mechanical fuel pump.

-
Back