Turn Signal not Working

-

Josecuda

Reaction score
Hi there,
Seems my left turn signal is not working in my duster, just the front one. Flashers are working OK, rear turn signal OK and both right side turn signals OK. When I put the left turn signal the indicator won't illuminate in the dashboard, just the rear lamp flashes. The bulb is not broken, the parking lights are working too. Where should I start looking to fix this issue? Any input is appreciatted.

The front signal and dash indicator come "out" of the column connector. I'd check for power there. It's either got to be something in the column switch, or something in the wiring between the column connector and the lamps, or a socket/ bulb issue.

If all 4 corner lites flash on 4 way, then wiring and bulbs are okay, so my money's on the turn signal switch, under the steering wheel.. To be sure, when u get new switch, plug it in before u install it, and check.. but I'd bet it's the switch..

wow what a coincidence, my Dart is doing the exact same thing all of a sudden to me now, but it is the right side that is the problem. Does your signal indicator in the dash light up on the side that isn't working when you turn your headlights on ? When I turn my headlights/parking lights on the light stays on, but doesn't blink in the dash. all of my lights flash when I pull the hazard switch though. Let me know if you solved your issue, more than likely I have the same as well.

If your dash lite comes on with headlites, there is leakage into turn signals from H/Lites/park lites, check the bulb in that corner, you'll likely find the filament broke and fell across the park lite filament, sending juice up the signal circuit.. replace bulb.. imho..

I'm not trying to jack the thread here, but maybe my problems are same as yours... The dash indicator arrow lights up only on the right side (the side that won't blink) when the head/parking lights are on. None of the filaments are burnt out, I swapped the bulb over to the driver side turned the signal on and it blinked like normal. hazard switch makes it blink as well. what I did notice is that when I have the hazard switch on to make it blink the filament glows significantly dimmer than the driver side. This seems as though current getting to the bulb is being lost ?

Which filament is dimmer, fender or dash? If it's fender,, check the ground wire,connection, and an easy check is to take a piece of wire vise-gripped/clamped to Neg batt post, and then touch the other end to the body of lamp, or best would be bulb base itself, poor ground could cause dash lite to be on as well.

poor ground could cause dash lite to be on as well.

Had this issue before, had a bad ground at the parking light socket. It was rusty inside. Solution: replace the socket

About my initial issue, I'm waiting for the switch to arrive to swap it and see what happens

Just had the exact same problem with my Cuda but on the RF turn signal. It was a bad turn signal switch.

I helped my son Aaron (DartThis74) track down the problem, and as it turned out, it was a bad ground on the tail light housing. I push/pulled the ground clip on and off a few times on the grounding terminal on the housings and the turn signals started working. Check all your grounds.

Jerry

Just for the record: problem solved! The one to blame was the turn signal switch... Thanks for the help¨!

Hello, I know this is an old thread but I just fixed a similar issue. I hope this idea helps somebody in the future. This 10 year old thread really helped me!

After unplugging various leads, and turning on and off the lights and turn signals, with and without the ignition key on - to narrow down the area - it turned out all I had to do was loosen and re-tighten the mounting screws of the turn signal housing (valance panel) - same side as the “solid on” indicator light. To prevent this from happening again again, I use some dielectric grease in that screw area. Did both RH and LH sides. Hopefully that will create a non-corroding, watertight seal of metal to metal. So in this case it wasn’t a “grounding out” issue, it was a “lack of good ground” issue.

-
Back