Turn signal switch wiring

-
I think Painless ignores the IGN2 which you must add unless you are running a system with no ballast, like HEI or MSD. In that case jumper IGN1 and IGN2 at the switch

Here's the deal:

GRD "ground" is not needed

BATT in main power is usually red (OEM)
ACC is hot in "run" or acc large BLACK
IGN1 is "run" usually dark blue, it goes dead in 'start' and the reason you need IGN2.

IGN2 is hot ONLY in start but is a separate contact from the "start" output to avoid feedback/ cross connect. IGN2 is the source of ignition power in "start" and originally bypassed the ballast, feeding full battery to the ignition

START of course is self explanatory, usually YELLOW, and hot only in "start" ;goes to the start relay

Another wire I bet Painless ignores is the wire from the start relay to the NSS switch

I think Painless ignores the IGN2 which you must add unless you are running a system with no ballast, like HEI or MSD. In that case jumper IGN1 and IGN2 at the switch

Here's the deal:

GRD "ground" is not needed

BATT in main power is usually red (OEM)
ACC is hot in "run" or acc large BLACK
IGN1 is "run" usually dark blue, it goes dead in 'start' and the reason you need IGN2.

IGN2 is hot ONLY in start but is a separate contact from the "start" output to avoid feedback/ cross connect. IGN2 is the source of ignition power in "start" and originally bypassed the ballast, feeding full battery to the ignition

START of course is self explanatory, usually YELLOW, and hot only in "start" ;goes to the start relay

Another wire I bet Painless ignores is the wire from the start relay to the NSS switch

That is some great news. I think that was what I can up with also. After this weltering heat comes down some I will go back at it. Right now in central WA. it is 109 degrees and no sight in cooling down!!

By the way I've never liked the early turn signal connectors, if your kit came with a GM style TS connector, I'd consider hacking off the Mopar one and converting. (I don't like the terminal style"

-
Back