Turn signals not working, blowing fuse

-
The switch is shown on page 160.
B1 is the wire that comes from the fuse which keeps blowing.
B2 is the wire that comes back from the switch. You should be able to follow that on the diagram to connector CB1. Then switch to the next page to find the Dart wiring from CB1.

Again. I don't know if removing that bulkhead connector was the change that broke the connection to ground.
IF it was, then I would looking for connections to ground between the bulkhead and CE40, and then CE40 to the Switch connector and the switch.
The start wire going into that switch connects to ground when the car is in park. So if the backup wire and that neutral safety switch wire got pinched together, that would be a very real possibility.
I don't know how that harness was run on a '73.
On '69 it was supposed to go like this.

upload_2022-1-12_18-8-56.png

Yes, that’s exactly what mine looks like.

I have a new converter to install. Maybe this would be a good opportunity to kill two birds.

I think it may have branched off at the bulkhead but
Yes, that’s exactly what mine looks like.

I have a new converter to install. Maybe this would be a good opportunity to kill two birds.
My advice? Find the short now, "as is." You may move some stuff and "cure" it and then it might come tearin' back--at a very inconvenient time!!

639BA772-40C5-491D-8721-1D97836EF66C.jpeg

What is this component the wires are plugged into?

drivers side under gauge cluster.

Can't tell need to know how many wires and color. "Might be" seat belt buzzer,---someone just asked about one of those the other day

This kind of thing is where you need to get into the drawings back on past the wiring diagrams, connectors "CE" for "Connector, Engine bay", "CI" for "Connector, Instrument panel" etc

I think horn/ key in buzzer. Again, consult the charts back past the diagrams, the "CI" series. Most everything is outlined right there. You look for the connector shape, and the wires colors. The figures will give some idea as to location

I think I’m getting closer. With this connection unplugged I have power to my turn signals, radio, and heater/blower.

CE48EA20-F7F2-42D9-9A6C-FD6929583072.jpeg

Trying to figure out that third wire, the blue one. How does me having a three speed wiper fit into this?

D95669F2-EAD7-4BDC-BFA2-98060CFE4B5C.jpeg

I’d rather not…
Seems there is your problem?
Doesent take much to cause a short.

Thanks guys, learned a lot. In the process also found out that a repair I previously made on the lead wire for power to my gauges and warning lights had failed. So I may also now have an oil warning light, brake light, fuel gauge and temp gauge.

Trying to figure out that third wire, the blue one. How does me having a three speed wiper fit into this?
It means your car's male connector will have the dark blue wire with stripe, and not the brown with yellow stripe.
upload_2022-1-14_18-25-53.png

FYI. There's a 1974 Master Tech filmstrip and booklet about wiring diagrams. It covers the new style of diagrams introduced in 1973.
pdf version here: Browse MTSC by Model Year – 1974 – MyMopar
One topic not covered in that booklet is keeping track of the circuit. It might be covered in the filmstrip, and it was covered in the 1960's version of the booklet. Basically it comes down to tracing or drawing just hte circuit you're interested in. I think that's even more true on these later diagrams.

Complete listing of the Master Booklets and films is here:
Master Technician Service Conference - Chrysler's Training for Mechanics
Once you know the year to look under you may want to go to the mymopar website to see view them.

Looks like you found it!! Sometimes that is what it takes...getting into the grime of things..........

-
Back