Turn Signals Work but not Hazard

-

Manny Valencia

Reaction score
Hello

1972 Dodge Dart

Just want to hear some theories on why my turn signals work but not my hazards.

I bought new relay, my theory is due to bad instrument cluster grounding or instrument circuits not activating?

Last edited:
Have you tested the hazard switch itself? They are weak and just a tad old. If the correct hazard relay does not work try figiting with switch a tad and see if they fire off.

Alright guys come ON. What are we working on here? Year make and model BECAUSE IT MATTERS

The hazard system uses a separate flasher, by the way

Mopars don't use a relay in the turn signal / hazard system. Maybe you are referring to the flasher?

s-l1600.jpg

Del, just semantics. Yes the Hazard Flasher.

Two differnt flashers as mentioned.

Both in place & hooked up?

If so, one may be bad.

I have reversed their places to see if the issue suddenly moves to the other circuit before.

Some early cars had an add on hazard device. A bit later had a dash mounted toggle, like my 67. At some point the hazard switch was incorporated into the turn signal switch

It is IMPORTANT to tell us what year and model you have

1972 Dodge Dart as says in my original post

OK FINE what have you done, what have you checked

The hazard flasher is supplied separate from several other circuits. The flasher is fed power at all times and goes directly to the hazard switch incorporated in the turn signal switch.

You have a shop manual? Can you read schematics?

The hazard circuit if fed off the same fuse that feeds the dome lamps. Do they work?

That fuse also powers the stop lamps. Do they work?

-
Back