Turning a 74 into a 72

-
Looking really great stan :)
how come you going to use a 904 trany insted of a 727 ?

Because I already have a good 904 and if I went to 727 I would have to have my driveline modified.
With a mild 318 the 904 should be fine, it's actually a little lighter then the 727 is and I think has a lower first gear also.:D

The 318 is in, what A time getting the headers hooked up. But then I knew that going in.

003.JPG

I have the wiring done in the engine bay, still have a list a mile long of things to do there though.

001.JPG

Wanted to see if I could make the tail light lenses look better so I painted them black then repainted some of the silver.

002.JPG

I'm also putting new sockets in them, the old ones had a lot of rust in them.

Haven't started wiring under the dash yet. Still trying to decide if I want to spend the money on some after market gauges. I'm also going to convert the fan belt over to a serpentine one.
More to come! :toothy7:

Stan, the motor is looking great! What are some details on it? I'm just going to throw some bolt-on's on mine (edlebrock 4bbl intake, 600 carb, and headers) for the summer until I upgrade to a 360 so I'd be curious as to what you have.

Stan, the motor is looking great! What are some details on it? I'm just going to throw some bolt-on's on mine (edlebrock 4bbl intake, 600 carb, and headers) for the summer until I upgrade to a 360 so I'd be curious as to what you have.

318 bored 30 over, stock bottom end. Can't remember the cam spec's lost them when my old computer crashed. Air gap intake (made in china) Edelbrock 600,
headers. Had the heads reworked with some porting and polishing done to them.
I think the crank had to be taken down 10,000 also.
Runs fairly strong backed by a 8 3/4 with 3.23 suregrip for gears.

Installed a serpentine system on the dart today. I had to move the alternator out about a 1/2 inch then everything lined up good.

Attachments

• serpentine belt 002.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 597
Looks good, I don't mean to be nosey, but the penny pincher inside has go to ask: Why didn't you just do the magnum serpentine swap from the junkyard?

Looks Great Stan very impressed man :) i hope to get started on mine soon haha been takjing about it with ya for a while now but haha been collecting lost of parts for my 70 duster then i will start on it when i have most of it i am getting close.
we should meet for that cup of coffee soon i seen they tore down a few buildings at your work did it catch fire it looked like it was a burnt pile of scrap ok man well call me any time and we can go to the local scoop for that coffee :) Jerry

They shut that mill down and have sold the property. The new owner is tearing down and scrapping out most of the buildings.

Nice job on the serp belt setup........I think it's a great addition & would like that on my Demon!!

Here's my helper, my 9 year old Granddaughter Kailyn busy blasting parts.

A couple new pictures of the dart. And two shots of the wiring I have left to do.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 539
  • 002.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 519
  • 003.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 531
  • 004.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 538
  • 005.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 521
Just received my new gauge cluster from Fastlane west, it's a little flimsy so I think I'll try and stiffen it up some. Only gauge I had to put in is my tachometer.

Also bought a LED conversion for the tail lights. It's going to be a little bit before I get them installed though.
Still waiting for my transmission to get rebuilt. So I'm hoping to have this thing road worthy by late spring.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 535
  • 002.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 503
That cluster looks very cool Stan.
That would look good with the carbon fiber I have on my dash.
Was it expensive?

I got the same cluster. Can't wait to see how you stiffen the cluster up. They are pretty flimsy :/

Very nice build-I don't think I recall seeing this particular thread, but it's super sweet. I really like the serpentine belt setup-where did you get it, and do you know if they have one for p/s and a/c as well?

Very nice build-I don't think I recall seeing this particular thread, but it's super sweet. I really like the serpentine belt setup-where did you get it, and do you know if they have one for p/s and a/c as well?

It's from summit racing and they do have it with p/s and a/c if I remember right. And thanks for checking out my build.

looking good, I have been wiring mine too, what a time consuming job. that thing is gonna be on the road soon!

JOE

OMY Goodness Stan!!! Look at you go :cheers: and having a fun helper in the shop sure makes
life so much nicer when we can share our toys :D
Yes! I would have never put a big heavy 727 in a car like yours :coffee2: it would have used up hp and added allot of weight :glasses7: These 904's can handle allot of power and in a light A body
even more.
Your serpentine system :cheers: I wish they made a /6 system :banghead:
I hope you are enjoying your time my friend, just don't over do it and hurt yourself :eek:ops:
Spring is here so we need to be ready for fun days without haveing to deal with a bad back or something 8) Your build is moving along great Congratulations Papaw Stan :-D

-
Back