Turning a 74 into a 72

-
Started the old girl up today, it has been a long time since I heard the motor run. Sure felt good to get her going!
Click on the picture to go to the video.

<a href="http://" target="_blank">http://[URL="http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/stans7853/Itlives001.mp4"]
th_Itlives001.jpg
[/URL]

Sounds Great Stan,
Congratulations Man it has been a long time coming for ya :burnout:

Need to get the windshield and back window put in, install the bucket seats and get some tires and wheels and get an alighnment.

I just sat down and read this whole build thread for the first time and all I can say Stan is "WOW" ! I love all the choice's you made and the quality of your workmanship and your attention to detail is outstanding . Great job !

Well I have the interior just about complete, still need to get one defroster hose hooked up, the windshield and back window installed, then put the trim around the inside of the back window.
Put the bucket seats back in today.
Went to start it and it would roll over but wouldn't fire.
Checked the power at the ballast resistor and there was power at only three of the terminals. The one going back to the electronic ignition box had no power, I had another ignition box so swapped them. Started right up after that.

I was thinking about painting the speaker grills in the door black, what do you folks think?
Black or leave them alone.
I didn't really want speakers in the door panels but the previous owner cut holes there so I had no choice.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 503
  • 002.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 488
  • 003.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 476
Stan it's hard to believe that is the same car you started with. Great Job

I would paint the speakers black. They stand out too much like that, IMO. Or, just get new door panels, but paint is cheaper! But, it's nice to have speakers too. I wasn't happy about my 72 having the dash cut for a more modern (well, cassette) radio, but it's a high quality one with high quality speakers in the package tray, and it sounds great, so it can stay. Sometimes that's not bad for a driver.

I vote for painting the speaker grills black . I think they "do" stand out a little to much with the black interior ... I like those front seats ! What did they come out of originally ?

yes I am up for Breakfast any time brother :) as far as the duster well slow haha havening a few issues with the help LOL but I redid the breaks and at least the car will stop when I want it to haha, just say when for breakfast

I vote for painting the speaker grills black . I think they "do" stand out a little to much with the black interior ... I like those front seats ! What did they come out of originally ?

Bought the seats off the shelf at Orileys.
I think I will paint the speaker grills black. That will give me something to do this week end.
I'd like to find some door panels then I'd move the speakers down to the kick panels.

Bought the seats off the shelf at Orileys.
I think I will paint the speaker grills black. That will give me something to do this week end.
I'd like to find some door panels then I'd move the speakers down to the kick panels.
I've got a set of those same door panels (front & rear with kick panels) . I'm using the front drivers side right now but as soon as I find a blue set for my Dart I'll give you a shout if you want . That is if I remember , they say the memory is the first thing to go and I'm not getting any younger . lol Unless you can get your hands on a blue set for me then I'm sure we could work something out ? Hint , hint . lol

I'd need ones from a 73 to 76.
Painted the speaker grills black and like them a lot better.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 469
I have a brand newly reupholstered solid black seat set for my 72 for when my originals are too worn out to use, and you're really making me consider getting those buckets! They look great!

I'd need ones from a 73 to 76.
Painted the speaker grills black and like them a lot better.
Yah see , You did such a great job turning the 74 into a 72 that I forgot to look to see which doors you used ! lol .... I think you made the right choice in painting the speaker grills . They look much better now .

Put some tires and wheels on the old girl today, tomorrow night the windshield and rear window get put in and she is about 99% done.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 474
  • 002.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 443
They sure do! Thanks for a great deal Jason. One of these Saturday afetnoon we will have to get together at the Big Lake Bar and Grill for lunch and a beer.

Put some tires and wheels on the old girl today, tomorrow night the windshield and rear window get put in and she is about 99% done.

:thumbup: Outstanding choice on the wheels. They look awesome & really set the tone in a modern 8-) way IMO

I love your comment about 99% done......You have come so far with this build & must be SO proud.....Congrats!!!!!!

Well it looks like this is where my restoration thread ends! I received a clip I was missing that holds the chrome reveal strip along the top of the windshield from Redfish today. Installed it put the chrome strip on and can say MY DART IS DONE!!!!:cheers::cheers:

At least till I decide to change something that is.:D

Rolled it outside and took a couple pictures but can only get one to load.
Still trying to decide if I want to put a black butt stripe on it. Also I have the chrome strips that go below the doors that I'll put on someday, but they need to be fixed and polished first.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 409
-
Back