Turning back the clock

-
Denny, Brother John, Just catching up on the thread. Fantastic. Denny, good to talk to you tonight.

I always enjoy our calls.......even the butt dialed ones. Looks like Ross is helping you out with his fab skills, I sure do miss Ross's input, maybe the boys need a get together to catch up.

Sorry Denny, I don't get to this site very often, you know ....since I'm working on an E body now. I try to help out where I can, When do you want the Aluminum HDK frame made..LOL. Let me know about a get together.

I always enjoy our calls.......even the butt dialed ones. Looks like Ross is helping you out with his fab skills, I sure do miss Ross's input, maybe the boys need a get together to catch up.

I wouldn't mind a winter meeting. Sort 'a like the opening of spring training for hot rodders!

hey Big D....you going to the Mopar show /swap meet at the Fairgrounds this Saturday?...I might come down early and snoop around.

no problem...tomorrow morning suppose to be worse than this morning.....I-75 @ 35mph to Findlay. I think they leaves the plows inside until the sun comes up.

As paint is starting to be applied to the Flash, more subsystems are completed.

1. The original aluminum case 4-speed which has an 18 spline input and the small bearing carrier. Freshly rebuilt by John Curtis.
2. Newly fabbed ladder bars that emulate the originals (tacked for now).
3. Cleaned, checked and powder coated Front lower control arms.
4. Cleaned and refurbished manual steering box.

HDK%20022818%20019_zpsh2lse29v.jpg

HDK%20022818%20012_zpsa7bdjuzv.jpg

HDK%20022818%20017_zpsudmdp5mb.jpg

HDK%20022818%20015_zpsf8t86ibt.jpg

HDK%20022818%20011_zpscd0fbam6.jpg

HDK%20022818%20028_zpsjrilcw4m.jpg

HDK%20022818%20036_zps7qbelmsg.jpg

HDK%20022818%20038_zpshryofnd2.jpg

HDK%20022818%20035_zpsjxcd5erl.jpg

Last edited:
Some will wonder......Why not use the original ladder bars?

Years after Butch Leal sold the Flash, it was modified to a coil over car. When whoever did it, they flipped / mounted the bars upsidedown to add a pinion angle adjuster now at the bottom near the differenential and welded on brackets for the diagonal link . They also updated the front safety bracket with one that encompassed the front heim. Deemed safer to make replicas instead of rebuilding the originals.

Under the paint, the originals were gold anodized....and that's is what the replicas will be. The originals will get cleaned up and added to the HDK wall art collection.

Last edited:
Back on the rotisserie at Boutwell Customs with the outer surfaces masked off so that the undercarriage, engine bay and interior can be painted satin black. All scuffed and ready for paint.

Bouts%203-2-18%20005_zpsdswkehm3.jpg

Bouts%203-2-18%20003_zpsjm9cjzqq.jpg

Bouts%203-2-18%20008_zpstvh0rynz.jpg

Bouts%203-2-18%20004_zpszotdpuj1.jpg

Bouts%203-2-18%20006_zpsjsmkdc8j.jpg

Bouts%203-2-18%20001_zpsjhuvxz3a.jpg

Thanks Ross.

I'll be glad to see some paint also....good thing it is the weekend, after 8 hours of scuffing, the hands need a rest.

you got any way to decode that number on the aluminum case (transmission)?

Thanks Ross.

I'll be glad to see some paint also....good thing it is the weekend, after 8 hours of scuffing, the hands need a rest.

you got any way to decode that number on the aluminum case (transmission)?
Thought maybe Scruffs would help u scuff!! Yes that will tire u out!! Looking good Denny! Hoosh

Hoosh...your ears must have been burning....both Weeb and Bout talked about you this week.... coming up for coffee soon?

Hoosh...your ears must have been burning....both Weeb and Bout talked about you this week.... coming up for coffee soon?
Was at Findlay High school this past Friday night for Wauseon bball game/ not much of a game Wauseon led 31to 2 at halftime! Yes, will try to get up there in next couple of weeks for coffee & to catch up. will call or text u! Hoosh

all the black is done....spent Friday masking up the black, ready for the white on the just the outer shell. Should be the easy part.

How goes the Cuda?

-
Back