TV cars

-

B-onefan

Reaction score
I am stuck home and my wife is watching old Lucile Ball shows. In this episode she takes her son to go get his DL in a 65 Dart GT Charger Convertible! Amazing.

The TV movie "Dual" is a classic - a 70's Valiant chased by a mad trucker. The car fails him from over-heating. He had meant to fix that coolant hose leak.

I've seen miss Hathaway with some nice convertible Mopars, but I've also notice that mission impossible has quite a few Mopars also and I suspect Chrysler supplied their cars for them just like Ford supplied fords for The Andy Griffith Show.

does anyone notice the duster on the curb on Seinfeld on almost every episode? I think blue?

I've seen miss Hathaway with some nice convertible Mopars, but I've also notice that mission impossible has quite a few Mopars also and I suspect Chrysler supplied their cars for them just like Ford supplied fords for The Andy Griffith Show.

Mayberry RFD, the continuation of The Andy Griffith Show had Mopars. Sam Jones, the lead character drover a super cool Dodge truck. There were lots of other Mopars in it too. Even Goober's wrecker was a Job Rated era Dodge truck.

I watch Adam-12 whenever I can, the cops tend to roll around in mopars, while the bad guys are in fords.

I watch Adam-12 whenever I can, the cops tend to roll around in mopars, while the bad guys are in fords.

Damn skippy. We got MeTV here and I watch it all the time. If it ain't the Mopar, it's the later episodes with the AMC Matador Police interceptor. If you look close in some of the shots you can see the "401" emblems on the bottom of the front fender dog legs.

Did an anyone pick up on the red 69 GTX?
I dream of Jeannie used all Pontiacs!

Mayberry RFD, the continuation of The Andy Griffith Show had Mopars. Sam Jones, the lead character drover a super cool Dodge truck. There were lots of other Mopars in it too. Even Goober's wrecker was a Job Rated era Dodge truck.

The gomer Pyle show used Chrysler's as well.

On CHiPs I see lots of background Mopars... Was not to happy to see them crash a 64/65 Barracuda... Notice in their TV crashes the cars are always going up and over on top of the cars they hit.. funny... but sad seeing so many cars destroyed... They also seem to have destroyed a number of early A-body station wagons...:???:

Love watching 60's & 70's shows... looking at the cool cars :D

Clif of Az. :coffee2:

Thanks for the link. I was trying to figure out a way to do it.

No problemo!

Remember in the 80s when every car crash you ever saw was a 4 door plymouth ex cop car? The A Team must have killed 200+ of them alone! (the only thing that ever got killed in the A Team - bullets that make cars flip over and explode, but never kill people).

And remember when EVERY car starting you ever heard on a movie or TV used the sound of a Chrysler starter motor?

The CA state government purchased almost exclusively Mopar in the late 60's since they were the only ones that met the new clean air reg's. Then Gov 'moonbeam' Jerry Brown was famous for driving a 10 yr old Plymouth. Since many TV shows were filmed around LA, you see many Mopars, especially cop and CHP cars.

-
Back