**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
I think I seen some yellow anodizing paint at Autozone. I know they have red and blue! I used the blue some time ago and it worked ok.

Did you asked more about using the 904 on your application or is the 727 a must ?

Did you asked more about using the 904 on your application or is the 727 a must ?

I had some very bad luck with the 904's anything that could break did break. the 727 held up and never puked on me. Just me rabbling on, take it with a grain of salt....

I had some very bad luck with the 904's anything that could break did break. the 727 held up and never puked on me. Just me rabbling on, take it with a grain of salt....

Well I guess it depends on the use. This car will be 90% a Street Car and 10% for the track. It will NEVER hook on the street so the chances of it living with a 904 are very good. When you start hooking a car you WILL break everything that is weak that is for sure.

One thing to remember, a Turbo cars power will come on Linear. In other words it wont have drive train SHOCK that a BIG NA Engine would have. So the Initial SHOCK will almost be non existant, I guess that would be called Lag. A NA NOS Engine with a Transbrake would be a whole different story.

DODGESTRIKE Did you asked more about using the 904 on your application or is the 727 a must ?

Yes I asked around quite a bit and I believe for my use the 904 will work just fine after of course Dave @ PRO TRANS gets done with it.

Well stopped by napa yesterday and picked up the front cover gasket set.

Going to paint the timing cover and hopefully get that thing on.

I may just paint the pan BLACK and get over it.

Yeouch! 50 bucks for cad paint? Don't blame you. Question: why black and not orange to match the rest of your motor? Make it blend in with the chassis more?

Yeouch! 50 bucks for cad paint? Don't blame you. Question: why black and not orange to match the rest of your motor? Make it blend in with the chassis more?

The sceme of the engine bay is Street Hemi Orange, Black and polished aluminum.

I had a CAD Milodon on my other engine, they seem to get really dirty. Plus it will match the underneath of the car like you are saying.

Front Cover and pan are on.

Brian at IMM did some oil mods to the pick up and Oil Pump. I had to clearance the pickup cause it hit the pan. The pan would not move forward enough to line up. Brian told me I would have to do this from the get go so there was no surprise when it hit on the mock up.

View attachment IMG_2976.jpg

This picture is an optical Illusion, there is plenty of clearance from the rod to the pick up!!

View attachment IMG_2977.jpg

View attachment IMG_2978.jpg

View attachment IMG_2980.jpg

View attachment IMG_2981.jpg

Hope you cleaned that pick-up tube after heating it. The insides flake when you heat and bend it.

I've seen a couple Fluidampr's for sale here and on Moparts. That's what I'm running, and I'm happy with it. It is a bit thick, so I had to space the waterpump pulley, alt bracket and PS bracket to get it to line up. IIRC I needed exaclty 1/2" spacing on them

I had the RATTLER on the other motor. No shimming or anything with it. I don't know which one as of yet.

Did you have to shim anything with that one??
No shimming,but did get the universal alumi crank pully from Mancini.The waterpump and alt. lined up perfect.Before I changed to electric waterpump.

No shimming,but did get the universal alumi crank pully from Mancini.The waterpump and alt. lined up perfect.Before I changed to electric waterpump.

I used the March pulley, so that may have had something to do with the spacing on mine, unless it's the same as the one you got.

Looking Good Maddart.. what valve cover are those?

Member POSDAKOTA turned me onto a link to ebay about a year ago.

I got the valve covers for IIRC $80.00 and the Breathers for $30.00, Killer deal on them.

I recommend using a cork valve cover gasket with these valve covers. I had another set not polished that leaked like a garden hose on Brians Dyno after about 5 minutes of run time. The rails sometimes are not totally straight. The cork is squishy and takes up the gap. FYI

Valve Covers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPA...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Breathers............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALUM...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Cool! Hey, are you going to run the electric water pump straight off the battery with a Bosch Style Relay? How are you going to trigger it? Are you using a Temp Sender or just key on, its on? Some guys run a full throttle momentary switch to shut off fans, water pumps etc, are you??

Just curious.

Cool! Hey, are you going to run the electric water pump straight off the battery with a Bosch Style Relay? How are you going to trigger it? Are you using a Temp Sender or just key on, its on? Some guys run a full throttle momentary switch to shut off fans, water pumps etc, are you??

Just curious.
Well let me tell ya Louis,ya turned me on to Ron Francis LOL.They made me a harness ready to plug and play..with relays for waterpump,fuel pump,electric fan.Very nice guy(BoB)to deal with.Thanks for the heads up!Here it is upon arrival.Comes with wires labbeled,also the plugs,espeacialy the one for 66 Dart steering column.Seeing this car see,s street duty once or twice a year I needed lighting,blinkers working.
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 245.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 246.jpg

Well let me tell ya Louis,ya turned me on to Ron Francis LOL.They made me a harness ready to plug and play..with relays for waterpump,fuel pump,electric fan.Very nice guy(BoB)to deal with.Thanks for the heads up!Here it is upon arrival.Comes with wires labbeled,also the plugs,espeacialy the one for 66 Dart steering column.Seeing this car see,s street duty once or twice a year I needed lighting,blinkers working.
View attachment 228580

View attachment 228581

Check you out! That is some nice stuff right there! I still need to order 1 for mine gunna have him make me and EFI ready harness also.

How much was yours complete??

-
Back