**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
What converter are you looking at? High hp turbo converters are not cheap. It sucks when you gotta spend almost as much on a converter as you do a trans. That's why I have not done it yet lol

I don't know just yet but it will more than likely cost $1000.00. With my 4spd car between the Aluminum flywheel, Quicktime Bell Housing and the Centerforce Clutch I had about $1500.00 in it so $1000.00 is not that bad compared to that.

I am thinking somewhere in the 2800-3200 stall range would work good but I need to talk to the Pro's before ordering one. I already have the SFI Flex Plate, Flex Plate Shield and ARP Hardware for both. I am sure the Transbrake comes into play when ordering the Converter.

Louis,

Everyone tells me to call PTC.. they also rave about Lenny at Ultimate. PTC is a small company and I hear they do some cool stuff.

Louis I am already starting on my 3rd motor for my car. You gonna get you car moving anytime soon? :poke:

Come on now Eric. A good wine needs to ferment for a bit. It will get there.

I own my business and work at least 14-16 Hours a day 6-7 days per week so there is not to much left for the car between a wife and 3 kids.

Come on now Eric. A good wine needs to ferment for a bit. It will get there.

I own my business and work at least 14-16 Hours a day 6-7 days per week so there is not to much left for the car between a wife and 3 kids.
A good wine might spoil if not left in the right conditions. The wife needs to raise those kids on her own so you can work on you car in your spare time. That's what for better or for worse is about. :toothy1:

Luis,

Everyone tells me to call PTC.. they also rave about Lenny at Ultimate. PTC is a small company and I hear they do some cool stuff.

I was talking to Joe and he recommended a company but I forgot the name. I will more than likely call several and pick their brains before I order one up.

A good friend of mine use to work for TCS, "The Converter Shop" in Arizona. He knows the owner very well so I will be talking to them also.

I was talking to Joe and he recommended a company but I forgot the name. I will more than likely call several and pick their brains before I order one up.

A good friend of mine use to work for TCS, "The Converter Shop" in Arizona. He knows the owner very well so I will be talking to them also.
Transmission Specialties is were I got my 9" convertor and I will never have to look back.

Joe,

Recommended PTC to me.. was kinda funny b/cI actually called them and asked about a trans.lol

I also hear good things about Saine too.. although I can't get him to return an Email or phone calls.

A good wine might spoil if not left in the right conditions. The wife needs to raise those kids on her own so you can work on you car in your spare time. That's what for better or for worse is about. :toothy1:

Yeah, I hear you "Old School", the kids are not really kids anymore. 14-17 & 20. The boy is 20 and his college cost me at least 3K per month and he got a 25K per Year Scholarship. My 17 Year old girl is going to college this coming year, She wont cost as much but it still will be at least 1K per month. My 14 Year Old Daughter does competition dancing and that cost me at least 1200.00 per month. You starting to get the picture, this does not include all my other bills either for personal & business. My wife handles just about everything so I can knock down the dough!! I got me a good one!!

TC....... I work with a guy that owns his own business .... used to do TCs full time ... but now only on the side .... I don't know his cell phone # ... but i can ask if you are interested ... I have heard nothing but good things about this guy...

My transmission buddy used them for years. I have one of there triple disc convertors in my truck, good stuff.

So you all know the dipstick was getting hung up on the Aluminum Pan Lip so I pulled the pan and clearance'd that area rounding off the entry. When I looked down the dipstick hole, more than 1/2 of the hole was covered by the lip of the pan and it was a PITA to get the dipstick all the way into the bottom of the pan...... Not anymore.

My transmission buddy used them for years. I have one of there triple disc convertors in my truck, good stuff.

Yeah, I heard they make some good converters!! They Guarantee their work also. If it does not perform like its intended built to spec purpose they back up their work with a 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee! That is pretty strong.

Shoot Dave, It seems like I am on the 5 year plan with this car....

Thats the theme with turbo builds. Lol. They seem like cheap, quick, easy HP, but these builds take a lot of time!

My turbo dart has a Continental 10" 3000 stall turbo converter. It took them a lot of tries to get it perfect since boost messes with converters. This was in the 90s and over the years they have a good grip on the turbo set ups. I highly recommend them, they are in Inglewood. Every converter we have bought since has been spot on and their customer service is excellent!

Thats the theme with turbo builds. Lol. They seem like cheap, quick, easy HP, but these builds take a lot of time!

My turbo dart has a Continental 10" 3000 stall turbo converter. It took them a lot of tries to get it perfect since boost messes with converters. This was in the 90s and over the years they have a good grip on the turbo set ups. I highly recommend them, they are in Inglewood. Every converter we have bought since has been spot on and their customer service is excellent!

Chris, what's up dogggg! Haven't heard a peep from you in awhile.

I'm Gunna go with what you know and give continental a call. I like that they are within driving distance of me also. Inglewood in the Hood!

Well I called Continental and Peter over there is going to call me back with a price.

I also Called TCS, "The Converter Shop" in Arizona. Rusty over there told me he will custom make a 9.5" Anti Ballooning Billet Turbo Converter with a 3000-3200 Stall for $750.00. Lead time is 1 week. I told him the power would be in the 800-1000HP range. He said it will hold up to that easily.

I picked my up at the Chino CA Warehouse.....
Thats where they keep all the dirt toys...
Great bunch of guys...

I picked my up at the Chino CA Warehouse.....
Thats where they keep all the dirt toys...
Great bunch of guys...

How do you like the converter??

I called Chino first and they referred me to Rusty in Arizona. The guys in Chino told me they do mostly the stock style stuff in that shop and for my application the Arizona Facility would be able to handle it.

No problems..Took about 2 trys to get it rite....TCS one we work it over with about 700hp in a 3100lbs Door car.
Continental we worked it over with about 880hp in a 3400lbs Door car. Took about 4 trys to get rite..
But after that... Good to go...

-
Back