**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
the last for today's work.....................

View attachment IMG_2306.jpg

You can see here where I will need to use 2 10" electric fans set as 1 on top drivers side and the other on the bottom passenger.
I could use a flex fan and shroud if I ran the intake tract a little bit different.

View attachment IMG_2307.jpg

View attachment IMG_2308.jpg

View attachment IMG_2309.jpg

View attachment IMG_2310.jpg

View attachment IMG_2311.jpg

View attachment IMG_2312.jpg

View attachment IMG_2313.jpg

View attachment IMG_2314.jpg

This build is awesome. Thanks for updating it regularly. My son is going to be doing a similar build, once he sorts out his megasquirt setup. Good luck!

Damn Louis! You sure have a breakneck build pace. And some mad skills too! I take it you can weld stainless.

I think the engine compartment is looking pretty full. I also think your 800 h.p target will be easily achieved!

Im really enjoying all the pics etc. Havent seen such a detailed build post since slantscamp did his wagon.

Thanks for sharing!

I got the new 45* 10an hose fittings so I put those on today and clearanced for the Wastegates by clocking the Turbo's about 8* or so. I have about 1.5" of clearance to the fitting. I also cut the stainless hoses to match, I am weird like that. They need look just like each other or I will not sleep at night.........haaaaaaaa:toothy10:

Ohhhh and incase you guys didn't notice the Passenger side 4an 90* fitting at the Turbo oil feed has been replaced. I broke the first fitting trying to line it up. Those smaller fittings are very fragile!!! So be careful when playing with them. $12.00 learning experience!!:angry7:

View attachment IMG_2315.jpg

View attachment IMG_2316.jpg

View attachment IMG_2317.jpg

View attachment IMG_2318.jpg

View attachment IMG_2319.jpg

This build is awesome. Thanks for updating it regularly. My son is going to be doing a similar build, once he sorts out his megasquirt setup. Good luck!

Cool, I can't wait to see what you guys end up doing!

needsaresto; Damn Louis! You sure have a breakneck build pace. And some mad skills too! I take it you can weld stainless.

I think the engine compartment is looking pretty full. I also think your 800 h.p target will be easily achieved!

Im really enjoying all the pics etc. Havent seen such a detailed build post since slantscamp did his wagon.

Thanks for sharing!

Yes the engine bay is getting full. I figure the RICER guys shove all that stuff under their hoods, why not a MOPAR, right??

I actually have never welded stainless with a Tig before! I usually just Mig Weld it. I will be taking this all apart as it is just Tacked together over to Wade, Member 3408BBL. Wade does some of the best welding I have ever seen, this is no BS. Aluminum, Stainless or whatever it does not matter he can weld anything just like MICKEY will eat anything!! haaaaaaaaaa Crackedback and a few other members have seen his work. "VERY, VERY" nice welding and fabrication skills to say the least!!

bjkadron; Nice!!! But Now you need to leave it looking like this! PERFECT sleeper!!!

I thought about that just yesterday. But after all this work and the rest of the cage going in hopefully next Saturday, I really need to paint the car and detail it out. I will keep the body 67 Stock with the stainless trim and everything so it will look like a late 60's early 70's Street car except for the 4 link and TT Motor of course!

I worked on the intercooler piping last night. I had to re position the passenger side intercooler and drop it down about 3" or so, cut the bracket I made apart and re weld it together. The Drivers side will go alot smoother I know that for sure!

I will post pictures when it is all done. Was busting my azzz last night for 2 hours and didn't take any pictures!

Motor Update............The heads are all done and set up for the SOLID ROLLER CAM!!! Brian is ordering me a 4340 Scat Crank and some Wiseco Eliptical Dish Pistons with 33cc Dish to keep the compression at 9:1. The Machine work on the block will start when the parts get there!

You know I have this post printed out and tacked above my bed....

ikki_twins1.jpg
Looking good!! Makes me wanna put twins on something
I always wanna put twins on sumthing :-D

This is lookin' awesome!!:snakeman:

I always can't wait to see what you have next and you're movin' so fast I never have to wait long for updated pics!!:cheers:

and the twins idea.... :downtown: :sign10: :toothy10:

Single GT 45 off Ebay on a Small Block Chevy. This guy REALLY choked his exhaust down. It looks like two 1 7/8 pipes feed it and a 2.5" Exhaust goes out the turbo. I dont see any INTERCOOLER either?? No Meth Either

Page 16 Here has some pictures and there are a couple videos of it SMOKIN the tires off!!

Sounds like it comes on boost around 2000 Rpm to me??

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96046.375

It runs pretty good I would say!

Video Here:::

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn24/lsxmalibu/?action=view&current=side2_0001.mp4

Another Tire Frying Video:::

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn24/lsxmalibu/?action=view&current=20101016_141752.mp4

I have checked into Jet Hot Coating High Heat HVT Paint etc. I will not be wrapping the exhaust at all.

Mostly from what I have researched is the turbo Flange is what gets really hot. I will be running no more than 15lbs of boost most likely alot less to get to my goal with the engine itself making close to 500hp on its own. So Right around 8-9 lbs of boost should get me there.
The Meth should also help to get the Exhaust Gas Temperatures down some I would think.

I know of several guys running the same type of set up on the exhaust with good success even at 15+ lbs of boost. This is not a daily driver so I think It will be ok until I upgrade like I almost always do.

Good thing about these threads is everyone gets to learn what works and what doesn't without spending any of their own $$$, I would say that is a pretty good thing:-D
your damn well right valuble education for free thanks bro. love insane hotrods esp mopes

Check this one out.

Rusty Bridges Street car shootout Finals. Stock 5.3 LS motor turbo truck versus turbo supra

Single GT45 Ebay $300.00 Turbo 67mm , stock computer, 60lb injectors, stock 5.3 junkyard motor, dry shot of nitrous, non-intercooled. Powerglide with 3.08 rear gears. www.RacecarsINC.net

This lil truck scoots

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTV8QTIVYB0&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTV8QTIVYB0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Check this one out.

Rusty Bridges Street car shootout Finals. Stock 5.3 LS motor turbo truck versus turbo supra

Single GT45 Ebay $300.00 Turbo 67mm , stock computer, 60lb injectors, stock 5.3 junkyard motor, dry shot of nitrous, non-intercooled. Powerglide with 3.08 rear gears. www.RacecarsINC.net

This lil truck scoots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTV8QTIVYB0&feature=player_embedded

This is the response from the guy who posted the video. He says he modified the turbo in some way. I have some messages into him to find out what he did. My guess is he polished the exhaust inlet at the header flange.

"from guy who posted the video and helped with the install"
the truck isnt mine.. but here some specs from the owner..

5.3 motor from an 02 silverado
67mm chinese ebay turbo that I did some mods on
75hp dry shot of nitrous
Tuned with stock PCM and 60lb injectors.
Powerglide with 3.08 rear gears.
The pass in the video was a 6.4 @ 109 20psi 75shot on through the pass
The truck weighs 3150 and I would guess 650ish on the HP

no these thing spool pretty easy.. the nitrous is for instant spool and the extra power..

not sure if the guy in the truck runs a restrictor.. but i do run one.. i actully use the cx racing turbo inlet fitting that comes restricted already.. been working fine for a year..

-
Back