**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
You should duplicate it and sell it as a kit.

Sounds interesting but I don't think I would ever do that. I barely can scrape up enough time to finish this one.

When I first started on this project I thought for sure I would knock it out quickly. I got alot of the fabrication done in the first couple weeks. As the project went along things had to change. I had problems with Hood Clearance and everything went wackoo. I did not want to put a scoop on the car so alot of things got changed. It is funny how you start something with the end result in mind and as you go along you have to go in a different direction and when you do it changes alot of little things.

Baddart;Dang Louis that thing looks evil. I love it.

Thanks John, almost there. I am getting nervous Oct 6th is coming quickly for the Dyno.:toothy5:

There is a guy on theturboforums.com with a 427ci SBC Twin Turbo "Just Like the ones I am using" with CO2 that will be on the Chassis Dyno right around the corner from my office on Monday at Cunningham Motorsports. I am going to stop in there to see what that one puts down on the Rollers.

The Main Cap, Oil Pump and pick up were the only Oiling Modifications on this engine. I will be using Oil Thru Push Rods to keep Pressurized oil on the Ball/Cup of the Rocker Adjusters.

I did this easy Modification to the Oil Filter Plate on my Last 410 so I did it to this one also. You drill another 4 holes in the plate. Crackedback turned me onto this old school trick.

Ended up making my own Gasket for this Plate because I forgot to order one. Piece of cake!

View attachment phpIygShTPM.jpg

View attachment phptNzZKYPM.jpg

Push Rods are installed and I set the Intake but I forgot to take pictures though......

The Pushrods are Manton 3/8 .120 wall Hardened with 5/16 Ball/Ball, Oil Thru to keep Pressurized Oil on the Ball and Cup of the Adjuster. Cam is a Solid Roller .634 Lift 242 @50.

I set the intake gaskets on and cleaned them up to match the ports because some of the material was hanging into them.

And YES I took the allen wrench out of the valley!! That would have been a MESS!:banghead:

I ordered the oil today and picked it up. Got the spark plugs on a Fed Ex for tomorrow Delivery. I also pick up some VP M1 Methanol Tomorrow at the fuel yard here in town. Getting real close.

View attachment phpQ0UXjdPM.jpg

View attachment phpPuBIkTPM.jpg

View attachment phpSovBK1PM.jpg

Good luck Louis if I dont talk to you before you hit the dyno.

Thanks Chris!

I met a member of theturboforums.com on Monday at Cunningham Motorsports here in Murrieta at there Chassis Dyno. He is running 2 of the exact turbo's I am using with an Air to Air Intercooler on e85. It was an LS7 in a Camaro Hatch Back older one. On 11PSI it made 820RWHP until it started to blow thru the converter. His Heads flow about the same as mine and he is using Hyd Roller Cam with same lift as me .634 smaller duration at 235@50. He was using STOCK EXHAUST MANIFOLDS TURNED FORWARD!!!
His Compression is 9:1 just like mine. Boost was all in right at 3000-3200 RPM.
It Came on HARD like it wanted to come off the Dyno. He is putting a new converter in it and bringing it back next week. His goal is 22PSI and over 1250RWHP! With how much it made at 11PSI I believe he will hit his target. His goal with this car is High 7's in the 1/4!

I talked to him quite a bit for a few hours and he has used Ebay GT Series Turbo's for years on all 3 of his cars and none of them have ever failed.

Got the bypass hose installed & Primed the engine. I got 70-75lbs with a Low RPM Drill depending on where the engine was rotated. I Primed about 4 quarts of oil thru the Turbo's with the Drains disconnected. I made sure to turn the engine over to verify the Rockers are getting oil and they are getting plenty!

Next is seal up the valve covers, gap the plugs for Boost & Install the spark plug boot covers and that is it for the engine.

Then lastly I need to fire up the Megasquirt 3 and input the values for the sensors etc.

View attachment phpQzuORSPM.jpg

View attachment phpG0i3GaPM.jpg

View attachment phpjaOOygPM.jpg

View attachment phpMGPlzhPM.jpg

View attachment php3cYd2EPM.jpg

ive been folowing this thread since day 1. and im getting exciteddddddd wihoooo. im gona sayyy 1350hp 980ftlb at the crank at 20lbs of boost.

ive been folowing this thread since day 1. and im getting exciteddddddd wihoooo. im gona sayyy 1350hp 980ftlb at the crank at 20lbs of boost.

Holy Cow Batman!! Damn, that is alot of ponies!.......:D

I don't know if I will take it that far, we will see how the tuning goes because you never know what can happen on Dyno Day......

I also picked up some Methanol. Some Guys use Window washer fluid but it is hard to know exactly how much Methanol is in them. I will be using a 50/50 mix Water/Methanol. This is 5 Gallons so it will yield 10 Gallons total. That is enough to last probably 2 years.

When thinking more about where I placed the nozzles I have decided to move them. Reason is if one of them ever comes loose it will get eatin by the motor.
So my fix is to weld 2 Aluminim bungs into the Y pipe transition. I will get that done tomorrow. I also have a new 4" to 3" 45* Reducer coming. The other one was a little short and at some point I would have needed to buy another one anyways.

View attachment phpX4xtd9PM.jpg

Just found out that the Dyno is postponed due to Carcraft having a change in their schedule. They are wanting to do a photo shoot and article on this motor. The date was changed to October 20th & 21st.

That really sucks. I hate waiting.

How big is that dyno room? I have a couple jobs out that way, would be cool to stop by. Could even drop off some junk for Brian to work on.:D

Nice Work... Great thread.. I got a question... You think the cork intake gaskets are gonna hold?

Nice Work... Great thread.. I got a question... You think the cork intake gaskets are gonna hold?

Well, all the intake gaskets were glued down on both sides with Gray RTV.
I honestly have never heard of them blowing out or coming apart. If there is that much crankcase pressure it would take out all the gaskets I would think. Been there and done that on a higher compression centrifigul supercharged engine.

I have seen a couple get leaky around the end... I read about some intakes not havin the holes for the little dowel pins in the blocks and the intake just sittin on the top of the pins and not really puttin much pressure on the gasket itself.... I dont know if yours has the pins or anything or if the intake has the holes.Just seen the pics and wondered.

first pull 800 hp would be my guess i think 1000hp would be killer good luck louis to bad we all have to wait i was looking foward to seeing those numbers when you get that in the car hold on tight

-
Back