twin turbo question

-

mathewdylang

Reaction score
So ive only ever dealt with single turbo set up cars, and when the turbo makes says 10psi thats what the motor gets. But say you have small twins so you arent waiting on lag and each is set to 8 psi. We will say they are the same size, non sequential. Just true twins in parralel. Does it stay as 8psi of boost, or since there are 2 does it double to 16? Or am i wrong all together and some how end up with 12psi? Ive wondered this for awhile, as i said ive never dealt with twins and it just seems in engines that only rev to 5k twins that boost at 2k are better off than single that starts at 3k+? Thanks for any input. :newb:

Not necessarily. Depends on the size of the turbo, and about a hundred other things

Not necessarily. Depends on the size of the turbo, and about a hundred other things

yea you talk about an opened ended question...

each turbo has an island map for a lot of variables. when you by a turbo you can go the math to get specs and ranges, then use those to find a map with the same or close characteristics... when you run duals most go a small and a large, the small gets you up and going till the big one catches up, less lag. or you can spray NO2 into the turbo to make it spin up faster and before it naturally would. road racers use this to keep from having a big hit and spinning out.

I used to have fun doing all the math for turbo's...

-
Back