Two men cut off friend's hand to collect $670,000 payout

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
I know people are desperate for cash but gee :sleepy4:

Two men allegedly chopped off a third man's hand with a pole saw so the three of them could file for an insurance claim.

The men from South Carolina received a payout of over $671,000 from a homeowner's insurance policy and three accidental death and dismemberment polices.

Gerald Hardin, 34, faces six charges, including mail fraud for the 2008 incident in Sumter County, reports wmbfnews.com.

Police reports claim that Hardin and another person used a saw to intentionally cut off the hand of a third person in the insurance fraud scam.

Hardin faces up to 20 years in prison and $250,000 in fines if he is convicted, according to wmbfnews.com

The other man who helped or the person whose hand was severed have not yet been identified.

Hardin, who appeared in court on Tuesday, is currently remanded in prison on $100,000 bond.

The case was investigated by agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

How can the third guy close a deal if he can't shake your hand???

With that much cash to spend I sure hope so :finga:

That ain't all that much, and split 3 ways, that REALLY ain't much. Hope he enjoys the rest of his 3/4 life, or more like 1/4 life. Lots of guys live with paralyzed / lost legs, but losing your two hands is right up there.

If he was in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, he would play "Mr. Hand".

I bet he doesn't have very much money "on hand" now that they are caught...

-
Back