Tylleys slant 6 turbo

-
can you englarge the pic so we can se them?? is it an RG block or a ausssie "hemi" b.ock?

better pics would be aosome

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd-LNlnT56w&feature=fvsr"]YouTube - ‪Turbocharged EFI Slant Six Valiant‬‏[/ame]

it's hard to find any info on the slant 6 turbo of cameron's , he did also have a naturally aspirated slant that he raced in group nc racing here in australia , that produced 380 + hp with 3 x webbers , wich was very competitive against the v8 mustangs and camaro's and gt falcons , tylley racing have been involved with motorsport for many years , and their knowledge of the slant 6 is outstanding :salut:

I really like that set up but does anyone else think the second picture does not look right? if you look at the position of the Eng stand (first picture stand is on the right which is correct the second picture stand is on the left) so we should be looking at the Distrbutor side of the engine or do I need to get some coffee?

OK now I dont need to get my head examined well for this one anyway, it was early and I just could figure out what was up with the picture
Thanks

OK now I dont need to get my head examined well for this one anyway, it was early and I just could figure out what was up with the picture
Thanks

Can you tell me what kind of an exhaust manifold that is?

Great picture... Thanks!

thats a really nice motor and all but with 600hp you should be going faster then 11.50's...

Using elapsed time to quantify horsepower is a very unreliable way to determine horsepower under any circumstances; mph is a lot more accurate.

Example, I have a friend who raced a serious A/SA '69 427 Camaro and it ran CONSISTENT low 10.30s (with a 60-foot time of 1.31, usually) at a consistent 127 MPH. Hardly ever better than 127.

Ryan's very fast '66 Valiant also runs 127 MPH, but doesn't 60-foot like my friend's Camaro, so his e.t. is 10.74.

That's a lot of difference.

I am sure that Ryan will eventually get his "bite" improved to accomplish 60-foot times like the Camaro, but for now, the horsepower for Ryan's Valiant would appear to be 480 if you used the mph of 127 at 2,800 pounds, but only 447 if you used the 10.74 e.t. figure.

That Wallace calculator is not dead-on reliable, but is good, I think, for making comparisons of your own car's performance.

Tilley's car (that I have seen in U-Tube videos) is a 4-speed, which may not e.t. as well as an automatic with a turbo. That would be one factor...

Just sayin'....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2D92O66SZY&feature=relmfu"]YouTube - ‪Slant Sixes go wild‬‏[/ame] yeah sorry usajon it is spelt tilley , another video of cameron's vc and a vf valiant slant 6 turbo owned by pentastar parts and resto's

These are very cool!!! You should consider selling some kits on this site for the slant6 guys over here! I've not seen any here! Just an idea! I'd consider doing one instead of a V8 just to be diffrent! And because they are just plain cool! Thanks for showing us these leaning towers of power!!!

yeah they are definitely cool wanta68cuda shows the mighty slant is alive and well in the land down under , even though there is the option of the infamous hemi 6 , which has also been turboed to the max , none of these cars are mine sadly , but a lot of the parts can be sourced from www.pentastarparts.com ,www.aussiespeed.com , etc :smile:

View attachment 243619

View attachment 243620

johnny does one of the aussie speed shop sale the header on the valiant we had a thread a couple months ago and i found a pic of these same header when i tried to find it again i wasn't able to.
Please let me no if one is available
aaron
yeah pentastar parts did have the header setup for sale and they had pics and prices last time i looked , but i tried to download a pic for you guys tonight and it had been taken off their website , i'm pretty sure they would still have them , they also have turbo slant camshafts not sure who they are ground by though cheers :smile:

-
Back