UCA/SWAY BARS

-

A/MP

Reaction score
Found a pair of UCA from a 68 Dart that I owned in the past. I think I can bolt them onto my '65 Dart? What sway works if the UCA's are a go? Thanks

The front sway bar would attach to the lower control arm. Not sure if the 68 a arm will work on the 65, someone will need chime in on that.

Found a pair of UCA from a 68 Dart that I owned in the past. I think I can bolt them onto my '65 Dart? What sway works if the UCA's are a go? Thanks

UCA arms will bolt right into the 65. To add a sway bar, You’ll need 65-72 LCAs with the seay bar tabs OR an aftermarket sway bar that includes the bracket that mounts to the lower shock bolt OR a sway bar tab that can be welded to the LCAs.

Sway bar choices can be an original early A - getting harder to find OR an aftermarket one such as Addco or Helwig. I’ll ge using the hollow 1 & 1/4 Helwig on ny 65 Dart

Last edited:
why switch UCAs? aren't both small ball joint?
The front end needs some refreshing. The Dart should be on the street by summer. Track only cars are not in the mix right now. Thought that I could take advantage of radial tires by having a sway bar up front. The 68 Dart UCA are in very good condition. Its been 30+ years since I've driven old iron on the street as a daily driver. Everything else I own is track only.

-
Back