Uncle Tony's response to Direct Connection

-
How about mixing in methane ( farts) would that help? It would solve the whole "global warming" fiasco...

I'm still pissed about my
So I watched Uncle Tony's response to Dodge bringing back Direct connection, and while I get he is upset with it being misleading, what the hell did you think they were going to do! DC=Electric, I mean come on. And even if it had nothing to do with electric, you still fell for the fact that you though a modern car company (stalantis garbage that is a disgrace to the dodge and Chrysler name) was going to bring back performance tips and parts to heavily emission complied vehicles. Its laughable.
Now what really gets me is the destruction of that perfectly good DC license plate he cut up, and I think that's where the stupidity and immatureness comes in where he said all the stickers and plates and DC stuff is getting junked. He himself should know there is a difference in what was Direct Connection back in the day and not comparing it remotely todays trash. Don't blame the past for todays garbage.
I'm almost 30 and even though DC was before my time I would never think to compare the two. I will rep the past all day long!

View attachment 1715828668 View attachment 1715828669

I'm still PISSED about my VINTAGE DC tag on the front of my 66 going with it to Texas..

Tony did more than most here will ever do and went faster too.
He knows more than he puts on, his videos are just old school techniques with budget in mind.
I won't call him Uncle Tony because he's younger than me and no he's not my hero.
He's old school.
Really? I have heard all the folklore of how he was some big time fuel racer, but I have never seen any proof that he has ever done anything other than make big claims backed up by nothing. If you have any proof of the "did more" and "went faster" I'm sure thousands of people would like to see it.

Really? I have heard all the folklore of how he was some big time fuel racer, but I have never seen any proof that he has ever done anything other than make big claims backed up by nothing. If you have any proof of the "did more" and "went faster" I'm sure thousands of people would like to see it.
Mopar Action and High Performance Mopar.

Could of showed legit numbers this year if he didn't go waste time with that Miata garbage. BTW mount the trans to the factory assembly ears, yea those won't break haha. He jumps all over the place. Now he wants to do "fuel milage" videos. Lol
People don't build cars for fuel mileage. I have my Dodge neons for fuel mileage but for some reason I keep driving my 8-10 MPG Valiant. Why? Because it's fun and has more power.

He's all talk with no actual numbers. He wants to blow up the motor in bottle rocket to see what it can handle? Why? Build it right the first time.
This just keeps getting repeated. His vids are a good laugh when I have absolutely nothing to do at work. Gives me and my dad something to talk about and laugh at when I go over to work on the Cuda, which is a work of art because it's built correctly.

Isn't this hobby about enjoyment, though?? I mean, the junkyard jet, those 3 guys are having the time of their lives you can tell !!

Last edited:
I agree with him. Using the DC or Direct Connection as we know it to promote e-cars blows. Can't they come up with something new ? Cutting the plate up, what ever, that's his choice. Not sure why everybody is on this guys dick, but you sure don't look good on it. He's just a car guy like you and me, nothing more, nothing less.

I haven't watched Uncle Tony in awhile, although I may have seen the beginnings of that Miata conversion
For what its worth thats were the words hot rodding came from, doing exactly what this guy Tony does
I also will say as far as 10 over with a cylinder hone, I have no idea about ring sizes or what Tony was trying to do nor did I see that episode but ten over means taking off 5 thousandths, a fact that just may be lost on some and taking off 5 thousandths is certainly doable with a hone
Checking for cylinder taper with a feeler gage and a old ring? Yes ive seen it done and taking your time and being accurate how else did you think it was done 50 years ago in a backyard garage.....Who had a dial taper gage or even snap gauges and a set of mikes that size?
What ive seen on this Uncle Tony is old school hot rodding on a budget, reminds me of when I had three hand carry tool boxes, loaded with tools I had to carry out of the basement every time I went to fool on my car, when the sky was my roof and a old rug was what I had to lay on

I agree with him. Using the DC or Direct Connection as we know it to promote e-cars blows. Can't they come up with something new ? Cutting the plate up, what ever, that's his choice. Not sure why everybody is on this guys dick, but you sure don't look good on it. He's just a car guy like you and me, nothing more, nothing less.
Right and he's a Mopar guy. We're not supposed to piss on our own. I just don't get it. They seem obsessed with running him down. No they ARE obsessed with running him down.

Last edited:
I haven't watched Uncle Tony in awhile, although I may have seen the beginnings of that Miata conversion
For what its worth thats were the words hot rodding came from, doing exactly what this guy Tony does
I also will say as far as 10 over with a cylinder hone, I have no idea about ring sizes or what Tony was trying to do nor did I see that episode but ten over means taking off 5 thousandths, a fact that just may be lost on some and taking off 5 thousandths is certainly doable with a hone
Checking for cylinder taper with a feeler gage and a old ring? Yes ive seen it done and taking your time and being accurate how else did you think it was done 50 years ago in a backyard garage.....Who had a dial taper gage or even snap gauges and a set of mikes that size?
What ive seen on this Uncle Tony is old school hot rodding on a budget, reminds me of when I had three hand carry tool boxes, loaded with tools I had to carry out of the basement every time I went to fool on my car, when the sky was my roof and a old rug was what I had to lay on
"The sky was my roof" I like that a lot.

Get ready to be slammed by the haters. lol

The engine in my GTX had a spun bearing when I got it, so I pulled it and took it to the shop to have it gone through. I didn’t want a rebuild, just fix what was wrong. My engine guy honed the cylinders, and re-ringed the stock pistons. He told me there was nothing wrong with the cylinders or pistons, although with a hone it was going to be “a little loose”. All I can tell you is that it always ran like a scalded dog after that, as I’m sure the new owner can attest to. To me, it’s all about fixing what you have with the resources at hand. Yea, you can use all the fancy tools, you can pay the big bucks and have your motor done up with all the latest goodies, or you can go old school and fix what you got and beat the crap out of it till it breaks again. I choose the latter, and I have more fun with my cars than most people have in bed.

Not saying that Tony’s approach is always right, and I don’t subscribe to any channels, but I’ll watch a video or 2 if I have the time. I like Nicks Garage the best, even the wife will watch that with me sometimes. All the hating on Tony here is pretty laughable, watch his videos then come here and bash him, then go back and watch some more? Wow!

The Internet makes it easy to bash people, you don't have to do it face to face. Lots of tough guys out there.
I dunno man I still tell people off to their face...Uncle Tony, in person would annoy the hell out of me he's ADD, Full of ****, talks too much and drinks too much coffee...no wonder he has other people doing the work he'd lose interest in the first hour.

I dunno he sets props around when he does his live stream, you can buy a race trophy on line or at a yard sale. keep in mind we all could all go to test and tune night take snapshots and sit around years later telling kiddies we were competitive racers. Its not hard to fool people these days and there seems to be alot of fools and foolishness no? its like people want to take it up the *** so later on they can cry they've been screwed...

I'll get in some one's face to if their stupidity is directed to me, but a lot of people go the Internet these days to hash out their problems, it's so much easier.

I'll get in some one's face to if their stupidity is directed to me, but a lot of people go the Internet these days to hash out their problems, it's so much easier.
Agreed. It s nice when you've grown up to the point where you know nobody cares. I don't mean in terms of friends and family, but coworkers and strangers, they dont crae . How many times have you had a coworker doing more pissing and moaning than work?

I've had guys work harder trying not to work than if they just would have done the work! I just told them to pack it up and go home and did it myself. I worked better by myself anyway.

The engine in my GTX had a spun bearing when I got it, so I pulled it and took it to the shop to have it gone through. I didn’t want a rebuild, just fix what was wrong. My engine guy honed the cylinders, and re-ringed the stock pistons. He told me there was nothing wrong with the cylinders or pistons, although with a hone it was going to be “a little loose”. All I can tell you is that it always ran like a scalded dog after that, as I’m sure the new owner can attest to. To me, it’s all about fixing what you have with the resources at hand. Yea, you can use all the fancy tools, you can pay the big bucks and have your motor done up with all the latest goodies, or you can go old school and fix what you got and beat the crap out of it till it breaks again. I choose the latter, and I have more fun with my cars than most people have in bed.

Not saying that Tony’s approach is always right, and I don’t subscribe to any channels, but I’ll watch a video or 2 if I have the time. I like Nicks Garage the best, even the wife will watch that with me sometimes. All the hating on Tony here is pretty laughable, watch his videos then come here and bash him, then go back and watch some more? Wow!
To do a job 100% "the right way" would have ended about 75% of my projects from about the time I was 16 till 39... LOL because of cost. I home ported and lapped so many valves, but the right way would have been "all new guides, 5 angle valve job, resurface the heads, and bench flow the porting!!" and a few hundred dollars I didn't have. My cars ran good though :)

To do a job 100% "the right way" would have ended about 75% of my projects from about the time I was 16 till 39... LOL because of cost. I home ported and lapped so many valves, but the right way would have been "all new guides, 5 angle valve job, resurface the heads, and bench flow the porting!!" and a few hundred dollars I didn't have. My cars ran good though :)
Me too! Most of my builds have been POS builds I'm sure, but they've all been mine, what I could afford and I had fun.

Right and he's a Mopar guy. We're not supposed to piss on out own. I just don't get it. They seem obsessed with running him down. No they ARE obsessed with running him down.

Isn’t Tony a longtime FABO member too? Username Whitpunknitro possibly? I remember him posting here a lot and got along good with people and many people went to him for advise....now people just bash him....I think they are all jealous he’s made a name for himself on the interweb, wether he’s a hack or it’s all just for views....time to move on haters.

Last edited:
-
Back