Under Dash Harness Question

-

DusterDaddy

sledgehammer mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this branch circuit is for? Car is a 74 Duster with AC
Original harness is in nice shape but while reinstalling it prior to putting the dash back on the car I noticed this branch was cut.
It is on the split after the heat-AC control connector. It branches out a few inches often the heat-AC connector. There are only 2 wires inside the wrap and they are dark blue and dark green. The cut ends are by my fingers in the pic.
IMG_5854.JPG
Any help would be appreciated

That looks like the heater blower section to me.
Yes that's my guess too. I'm putting the dash in the car today and I'll verify the end with the plug is for the blower. The 2 wires in question come off the same branch as the one we think is for the heater aand they are blue and green an I assume there was a plug that was cut off by the PO

Thanks Tony. I'll educatecate myself on what a resistor pack is in my shop manual later today
Not to high jack your post, but I am trying to get my heater blower working on my 73 duster. I see two plug that looks as they would plug on the fan switch. Which one plugs on the fan switch and where second one plugs into.

20170107_125239.jpg

I'm not sure. I have a long connector with 8 or more pins that goes into the switch, my car is a 74 but it had AC

I'm not sure. I have a long connector with 8 or more pins that goes into the switch, my car is a 74 but it had AC
What color are the wires that plug into fan switch. I know where the long connector hooks to a/c and heater switch. On my car I have two three plug connector that could hook on to the fan switch one has red ,black,tan,green the other has four green and tan wires.My car has a/c also

Last edited:
I was just looking at your photo and I would like to know where the connector above your hand and to right that has a small piece of tape wrapped around it about two inches above the three plug connector.

Thank you . That's what I needed. Now i need to find where the other plug goes

The vacuum switch block is both vacuum and electrical. Various fan speeds come from the fan switch but fan off/on comes from the top slide lever ( full left to off ) via the connector on the vacuum switch block.

I'm willing to bet that the green one is fan power and the blue one is the compressor clutch wire. I'm pretty sure I had the same question when wiring my 74 Duster.

Cley

-
Back