...Undercoating...:(

-

omahamoparguy

Reaction score
Man this scraping under coating really sucks! andbody got any tip to make it go easier. I'm using a heat gun and putty knife. And it is thick in spots.

Trivia; the building that the original Hooter's restuarant started in was previously a place that did undercoating on cars. (clearwater fl)
(...whats in that chicken wing sauce??...)

Eastwood sells a undercoating stripper that works quite well. Sport

I have great luck using a MAPP torch. Usually $8 a bottle at Lowes/HD. Doing the frame and wheel wells. It losens well and peels off with blade nicely. Still in progress.

I saw them do this on Search and Restore from Powerblock

spray a healthy does of PB Blaster on it and let it sit over night.

I hear this stuff works real good on animated rabbits, not sure about cars! If you're pullin off the under-coating on a serious note I'd get it dipped, although I think they need to drill holes into the wheel wells so it will submerge properly.... I'm just.... a perfectionist.... if youre gonna do something... go all the way!
3113655431_bb8d9d73b8.jpg

As stated before, a torch. Get it hot and scrape off with a putty knife, then lacquer thinner on a rag takes the rest off.

Did undercoating in Cda. many years ago.Varsol was the best liquid we found for removing undercoating.That and a little patience and elbow grease.Just bought a set of inner fr. fender inner shields for my Cuda.Undercoating was unusually thick.Used a hammer and small chisel to remove the really heavy coating to get to the bolts.A good undercoating job is usually only a few mils thick.Hope this helps.

This should do it !!

Attachments

• istockphoto_834555-dynamite.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 149
-
Back