unusual weiand SB valve covers.

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
Reaction score
Hey guys.How unusual/rare are these valve covers. Never seen a set before I picked these up. Was gonna sell them but I think they will look great on my cuda.

Oldschoolcuda

Don't guess i've ever seen a set of em. I wonder if like MP there is a breather for the carb that matches? Nice find.
Small Block

Used to sell them years ago. They look great and are set up with the vent cap, oil fill and pcv. Make sure they have baffles under the vent and pcv so that they don't leak oil. toolman

Yea toolman they have the baffles.Thanks guys. I love unusual and these are in spectacular condition. Definately thinking about putting em on my cuda & selling the original direct connection covers on her now.

Oldschoolcuda

Perfect!! They would look good!!! toolman

Great find oldschoolcuda! I like the 'old school' look.
I've still got my old Cal Custom finned valve covers I had on my old 340 Dart Swinger that I sold 20 years ago (I know, stupid sell).
I'm thinking of using them on my "new" 360 Magnum powered '69 Dart.
I've got a set of the polished finned Magnum valve covers that Leanna PC'd for me as well. Maybe alternate back and forth when I want that 'old school' look.

I used to see them around but not so much anymore. They have a great look and seem to be in excellent condition. I'd put 'em on any of my SB builds.

Great find oldschoolcuda! I like the 'old school' look.
I've still got my old Cal Custom finned valve covers I had on my old 340 Dart Swinger that I sold 20 years ago (I know, stupid sell).
I'm thinking of using them on my "new" 360 Magnum powered '69 Dart.
I've got a set of the polished finned Magnum valve covers that Leanna PC'd for me as well. Maybe alternate back and forth when I want that 'old school' look.

Pssst Ken, your Magnum valve covers have eight bolts, but the small block Cal Customs have five. ;-) Maybe you should just get another set of heads to swap out. LOL

I have a set of those!

P1020963 (Large).jpg

i believe the 5 bolt valve covers will fit the 10 bolt heads,,think ive seen it done already,

Oldschoolcuda,

Hope you are still watching this thread. I have the same Weiand valve covers, but they bump into the Edelbrock Performer intake on my 1965 273. I would need a very thick gasket to make them bolt up tight. Did you have any interference issues? My intake is the same width as the factory 2 barrel intake, and no indication the heads were excessively milled.

Does anyone know if the valve cover flange was lower on early 273 heads? As best I can read, mine are PN 2465315-1. I can file off the lip on the Weiand valve covers to fit, but hate to hack them if something else works.

if you are talking about the intake hitting the valve covers at the runners,, it is common on after market valve covers and after market intakes on a small block mopar,,

set the valve cover on the head with out the valve cover gasket,,mark the edge of the valve cover with a marker around the runner where the intake is sitting on ,not allowing it to sit down on the head competely,, you will have to grind that area of the outer lip of the valve cover to make it sit down on the head competely,,,make sure not to gring to much,once the valve cover sits down completely , a new gasket will seal it up

Pssst Ken, your Magnum valve covers have eight bolts, but the small block Cal Customs have five. ;-) Maybe you should just get another set of heads to swap out. LOL

Pssst Leanna, just saw your earlier reply. I won't tell anybody else but the Magnum covers have 10 bolts not 8, and the LA covers 5 bolts match up to the same locations as half the Magnum 10 bolts.
I'm still planning to swap them out for different looks.

fstfish66,

Thanks for the info on the valve cover interference. At this point just confirmation since I already filed the lip off my Weiand covers at the intake runners. However, very relieving to know it wasn't just me that had to hack them. I love the paint job on RedScampi's. It looks tricky to do the 3-tone.

-
Back