unwanted 69 340, what would you do??

-

Russ H

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just changed directions with my 68 Barracuda project by going with a 408 rather than using the 69 340 that was in my car since I first bought it. Now I have a 340 that is not needed so it must go. I want to sell it in order to offset some of the cash spent on the 408. My question is would I do better by selling it part by part or as a complete carb to pan engine. This 340 is all stock except for carb and intake, was running well when removed from my car about 3 or 4 years ago. It has a good set of X-heads that are currently off and being inspected. The block is standard bore with stock forged crank/rotating assembly 10.5 CR.

What would you do??????

Russ

id sell complete motor I know id rather buy a complete stock then a bare block. but if it doesn't sell then id take offers on parting it

You can post the serial # off the engine,maybe someone here is looking for their 340 or year correct engine.I,d sell it as complete.JMO

I would pay more as a buyer for a complete engine because of all the shipping costs of when buying the other parts would really add up.

It is a shame that you are in Pennsylvania because I wouldn't mind having a 340.

How close are you to Grove City?

advertise it both ways, set your prices to make it worth your while and see what happens... If you know where your car came from, put up some local adds and see if you can find who has the car it belongs to...

anyone that would even think of breaking apart a original 340 motor should not have one . it is a no brainer they don't make them anymore keep it whole.

Sounds like you have a 72 340 demon motor with some 69 heads on it. If that's the case id sell the heads separately from the short block. if you can find the car that the motor belongs to might help you sell it.

The pan rail number is LM23B231527
Where do you guys get '72 motor from this? Looks like LM23 is Dart, he's just missing the P=340 motor, 9='69 between the 3 and B.....LM23P9B231527 ??

Russ

Where do you guys get '72 motor from this? Looks like LM23 is Dart, he's just missing the P=340 motor, 9='69 between the 3 and B.....LM23P9B231527 ??

We get it from the 11 digit VIN he posted. I thought he was just giving the partial vin as I have seen many times. The B comes up as a /6 and the car comes up as a 1972 Dodge Dart. I am a Barracuda person so I went off what he posted and corrected. No big deal if it is wrong because I am sure he will fix it when he gets a chance.

Thanks Russ!

By the way my 69 340 vin on the pan rail is only 8 digits long...for example the vin from my car is BH27P9B352197....so my engine vin Im looking for is 9B352197 correct??

Based off what was posted above you should have the full 13 digit VIN stamped on it.

-
Back