up close speedo pics, 66 dart needed...

-
iam trying to get the right screws the hold speedo in the das didn't have the screws, need pics of what they look like thanks...

there are 3 shorter screws (between 1/2 and 5/8th long)and 1 longer (1 to 1 1/4 )one. I think they were #8 or #10 screws small headed specialty screws (where the longer one goes is dictated by the dash itself. (really I just plain forgot where it goes:banghead:) usually the left lower mounting tab has been broken off and not been put back in the dash.
View attachment DSCF3805.jpg

View attachment DSCF3806.jpg

That is called a fillister head screw. mrgusa.com has them chrome or black.
I didn't reply earlier because I wasn't sure 66 used the same type as 67

there are 3 shorter screws (between 1/2 and 5/8th long)and 1 longer (1 to 1 1/4 )one. I think they were #8 or #10 screws small headed specialty screws (where the longer one goes is dictated by the dash itself. (really I just plain forgot where it goes:banghead:) usually the left lower mounting tab has been broken off and not been put back in the dash.
View attachment 1714734932

View attachment 1714734933
how about the ones that hold the plastic bezels to the dash....

how about the ones that hold the plastic bezels to the dash....

The ones holding the bezel to the gauge pod? if so these are it. just got done refreshing my dash cluster up a bit for the new look. looks like 1/2 inch #8's to me but I'd get 10's too just to be on the safe side. make sure you blunt the tips of the newer style screws they tend to punch through the plastic bezel.
View attachment DSCF4158.jpg

View attachment DSCF4157.jpg

View attachment DSCF4160.jpg

View attachment WP_20130921_001.jpg

That is called a fillister head screw. mrgusa.com has them chrome or black.
I didn't reply earlier because I wasn't sure 66 used the same type as 67

cool I'll have to order some to replace the bad ones I have an the missing 2 for the wife's car. thanks!

The ones holding the bezel to the gauge pod? if so these are it. just got done refreshing my dash cluster up a bit for the new look. looks like 1/2 inch #8's to me but I'd get 10's too just to be on the safe side. make sure you blunt the tips of the newer style screws they tend to punch through the plastic bezel.
View attachment 1714735091

View attachment 1714735092

View attachment 1714735093

View attachment 1714735094
wow yours looks great...I was talking about the radio and other bezels...

wow yours looks great...I was talking about the radio and other bezels...
the radio in mine was held in by "the radio knobs and lighter", the glovebox and end piece were held in by the same screws that mounted the speedo bezel to the gauges.. my friends radio delete bezel was held in by some big "honkin" nuts that looked sort like speed nuts
like shown in the pic's and those were in the area where the radio knobs would be on a radio car, so I'm A$$uming that it was factory that used the radio knobs and lighter to hold in the heater/radio bezel.
View attachment DSCF4191.jpg

View attachment DSCF4190.jpg

-
Back