Update on Curtis. AKA Waggin. Alive but needs help!

-
I asked this question already and one of our "technical editors" deleted it... WERE ALCOHOL OR DRUGS INVOLVED?

I was going to ignore this before, but now I will address it.

First, the important stuff. What if it was involved? Since I consider Curtis a friend, that means that I accept any shortcomings he may have and I hope he does the same to me. We have had words in the past too, but as I said, I consider him a friend.

He went above and beyond to help a mutual friend we had who had stage four cancer. Curtis himself organized a party of FABO members to help build this friend a wheelchair ramp. Curtis and several other members drove a very long way to help. Curtis himself drove from the Tampa area to middle Georgia.

He gives of himself. Is he perfect? No. Are you? No. If I were you, I would drop this, because the fact is, no one knows.....and frankly for me, it wouldn't make a difference. I will help Curtis regardless.

A friend does not turn someone loose because of a mistake. It was a terribly tragedy. Lets leave it there, ok?

Secondly, since there are only two "technical editors" I can tell you that I did not remove anything. I don't even know how. I am pretty sure Karl didn't either. All we do is organize the How Tos into articles and edit them. We are not moderators.

NO..............

That's good to hear. My understanding was that he was testing out a new airboat he had built and hit a tree. From what I read, law enforcement was pretty much right on top of the scene so, evidently nothing illegal was going on. I don't know why people always have to assume the worst.

A moderator deleted it. The answer is no and the subject will be put to rest. We're done here!

When I talked to Curtis he did in fact tell me he was taking a air boat out on a shake down run. In the next breath he told me he is done with air boats!

I was going to ignore this before, but now I will address it.
He went above and beyond to help a mutual friend we had who had stage four cancer. Curtis himself organized a party of FABO members to help build this friend a wheelchair ramp. Curtis and several other members drove a very long way to help. Curtis himself drove from the Tampa area to middle Georgia.
First time I met Curtis was at a Waffle house in Fort Valley Ga. where we had breakfast on the way to Bruces house to build the handicap ramp. Thanks to the likes of Clhyer, who was the brains behind the project. Curtis and I and a bunch of other gear heads were there to follow orders. I attached a couple of pictures. Curtis is the little one on the right standing in front of the Sasquatch looking guy ( me)on the far right. Look at the pictures, this was no simple ramp!
Like I always say. "Anyone can write a check to contribute to a charitable event". It takes soldiers to carry out a plan. That is Curtis!

100_3101.jpg

100_3121.jpg

Thank You everyone , Mary was a sweetheart I wishe I could trade places with her and dodger :(

14522927_588121874704258_979245353480858801_n.jpg

14520420_588122008037578_4193837331934297136_n.jpg

14516452_588122038037575_2943813986097805646_n.jpg

14457278_588122074704238_2749321005344340216_n.jpg

Very Sorry to hear all this !! Prayers from here for sure !! I will send funds..

I've chipped in. Very sorry for your loss Curtis.
C

Very big of all of you. Can we keep this going?

BUMP! Lets keep this thread goin!

Last edited:
I'm tapped out at the moment, but if you all wanna do another auction, I have a few things I dug out but not in time for the cosig auction. Or if not, I'll post them up for sale and 100% of the proceeds can go directly to Waggin

Sad news. Hope for a speedy recover, although the hard times.
My thoughts are with You.

I sent what I could but if there was ever a cause, helping someone bury a loved one is the one. Im in.
I'm tapped out at the moment, but if you all wanna do another auction, I have a few things I dug out but not in time for the cosig auction. Or if not, I'll post them up for sale and 100% of the proceeds can go directly to Waggin

FWIW, it does not matter if you cannot send anything. I know Curtis would appreciate your posting of a get well message or thoughts and prayers. He would do the same for any of us.

Sadly we're going through a pretty strapping time right now (will be for at least 2 months) and I honestly way overspent on the last auction but if someone wants to get an auction together I'll donate what I can or dig around for something to sell.

Get well soon Curtis, can't imagine what you much be going through. May God be with and bless you and Mary's family

-
Back