Update On Laysons Problem

-
" RICK KEESLER'S MOPARTS "

Has a nice ring to it. I sure as hell would never deal with Laysons again.

Billys car2 (Small).JPG

If you had used a credit card for a purchase. Let them do the work for you. Call the credit card people and tell them that they sent you the wrong part and they won't return your money and they will do the work for you. Its worked for me on several occassions on wrong parts being shipped or wanting to charge me for restocking of wrong parts.

If you had used a credit card for a purchase. Let them do the work for you. Call the credit card people and tell them that they sent you the wrong part and they won't return your money and they will do the work for you. Its worked for me on several occassions on wrong parts being shipped or wanting to charge me for restocking of wrong parts.

BINGO!!

That has also worked for me as well.Credit cards take that sort of thing VERY seriously and will follow it up every time.

Where is Laysons located?Just curious..

Rick is a member here and tries real hard to keep solve all the problems with Laysons customers on here and Moparts.

A big thumbs up to Rick.

Dave however will never run his business right.

I know I said I would never deal with Laysons again, but believe it or not, I'm waiting on a set of trunk trim panels for my car from that rat-bastard as we speak. The ONLY reason I ordered them was because of Rick Keesler. Rick is THE ONLY person to deal with if you HAVE to deal with Laysons. I've dealt with Rick through other transactions and I felt confident dealing with him for an order. Let's face it...they sell some stuff you can't find elsewhere. Unless you feel like paying $300 for ONE N.O.S. tail light lense for your 2nd. Gen Barracuda! As of this afternoon, my trim is sitting in Pa. waiting to be shipped to N.Y. UPS says I'll have them Thursday. That's only 1 week from when they were shipped.

Now, of course, we'll see if it's what I ordered....and if I DO get shanked, hey...WTF. It's only $600.... and I guess I would deserve it. :-\"

laysons probably contracts out the majority of what they say "they make". soon enough, these manufacturers will seek more clients.

I am still waiting for my core charge for my crossmember to be refunded.. I called last week and the lady told me they only process a couple a day... Thats a sorry excuse for not refuninding money owed..
I will not use layson's ever again. Once was enough. Im a quick learner...
Harold

I will never, ever deal with Laysons, again. I had to theaten, legal action, with his state attorney, for fraud, before I got a refund. I don't care who Dave has working for him. Dave still has the final say, and makes the "big" bucks. This has been going on for so long, it is criminal. Dave is a person who needs "a two by four attitude adjustment". When he comes to the Florida Gartlits Show, I will again stand near his tent, and spread the word to those in the dark. Like someone else posted "what goes around, comes around".

Exactly my thoughts.....it should have been fixed within a week or how ever long it tokk to be shipped back to them. The only way I buy anything from them (Layson's) is if they are at the show or swap meet and have it on hand. Cash and Carry is the only way to keep your sanity with those jokers.

i bought some stuff from them at spring fling because it was "in my hand". while 1 nice guy was helping me, dave walked into the booth and i felt like setting my things down and knocking the **** out of the guy, picking my things up and finish shopping. he brought the whole board of emblems, put it out at the front of the booth and didn't bring any emblems to sell. what a chump.

I've ordered from Layson's three times. First time I had to call twice to get them to ship my order, took 3 weeks. When I got the order the amounts from the website and what they charged were different. On the next order I called the order in and questioned the discrepency. The girl I spoke with was very nice and credited me the difference on the order I placed with her. She told me the order would be shipped the next day and I received it 5 days later,as I live in Fl. She gave me her extension and said to call her directly if I wanted to place an order. About two weeks later I called to place another order for seat covers and when I called her extension some guy answered and said she was no longer with them. I think she was let go for doing the right thing.Long story short, I ordered a set of door panels, $330,they billed my credit card for the panels and it took me numerous calls and 4 weeks to get them. I won't use the again unless I just can't get it anywhere else, even if it costs me more elsewhere.

I've ordered from Layson's three times. First time I had to call twice to get them to ship my order, took 3 weeks. When I got the order the amounts from the website and what they charged were different. On the next order I called the order in and questioned the discrepency. The girl I spoke with was very nice and credited me the difference on the order I placed with her. She told me the order would be shipped the next day and I received it 5 days later,as I live in Fl. She gave me her extension and said to call her directly if I wanted to place an order. About two weeks later I called to place another order for seat covers and when I called her extension some guy answered and said she was no longer with them. I think she was let go for doing the right thing.Long story short, I ordered a set of door panels, $330,they billed my credit card for the panels and it took me numerous calls and 4 weeks to get them. I won't use the again unless I just can't get it anywhere else, even if it costs me more elsewhere.

The turnover at Layson's is quite high since there are only about 2 or 3 people on salary. The rest (10+ people or so) are paid by the hour, and when your boss is Dave, I wouldn't want $10/hour an to get kicked in the teeth day in and day out.

The turnover at Layson's is quite high since there are only about 2 or 3 people on salary. The rest (10+ people or so) are paid by the hour, and when your boss is Dave, I wouldn't want $10/hour an to get kicked in the teeth day in and day out.

...and so their pitifully managed business gives them the right to screw their customers which causes their underpaid employees to catch hell from the customers that they have screwed.....

THEY STILL OWE ME A $69.00 REFUND . . . . which I'll NEVER see.

My theory is that if there is a part you don't have, don't try to buy it from Layson's because they don't have it either. They will charge you for the parts, and never send them, and then lie thier asses off.

DON'T BUY FROM LAYSONS.

Reminds me of Beavis and Butthead:

Butthead: "This really sucks."
Beavis: Why. Heh, heh, heh, heh,......
Butthead: "It sucks because it does."

i just bought door panel clips from year one.

So you just bought door clips from Tom Race http://rtspecialties.net/ back before we both left Az I would be hanging out chatting with Tom and his fax would fire up with all the orders year one got he would ship them all out for them. So you just paid year 1 to fax the order to Tom of course that is a good way to do it for them.... I am sure you got good parts. If anyone else wants to save cash buy from tom ( if you can get hold of him he travels )

id like to see this "stickied"
i hope laysons reads these threads and maybe gets their s#$t together. they seem to have alot of nice stuff

I agree 100% i was ready to spend a lot on parts there when I saw this thread I do not know how I missed it all the time I have hung out here but darn we need this as a sticky.

if any one is looking for auto interior,,,,the place is SMS in the state of washington,,,,this is the company that makes laysons stuff,,and legendarys also,,, they make stuff for all the industry,,,,they have a web site,, and you can get custom stuff as well,,they have a web site,,i dont have it handy do a google search on it,,,,,

I have to say that I am glad I saw this post a while back, it made me avoid Laysons, I ended up ordering from Year One and the Paddock. Great experiences with both companies. I actually got all my stuff faster than I expected, even one back ordered item!

Is there some sort of composite list on a thread of A-body suppliers and what they offer? Or, does someone have a link to a webpage that lists various suppliers, what they sell for a-bodies and maybe even a customer rating...????

I din't see anything on the site about pricing. Do you have to call them to get prices?

Yes, call SMS for pricing. My top is on order with them and I should see it within the next couple of weeks.

yep. just wanted to add my 2 cents. i called in and spoke to a real live person... still got all screwed up.

i ordered several items and here's how it played out:
- called in and verified stock status and part number
- was told the total and then... was told to call back in two days for a shipping quote. (this is when i should have bailed out)
- later Dick Layson called and discussed a part number discrepency with me. seems the part number in their huge expensive cataloge is incorrect and doesn't actually represent the part i needed. this was a further red flag but i dealt with it and accualy appreciated the personnal phone call. (not so much now)
- several days later, a small package shows up on my door. eight 3/8th inch nuts for the bumper bolts i ordered. and a bill for $48.00! They charged me for my entire bumper bolt order and the shipping for the entire order and sent me only 8 nuts. oh yeah, they marked my bumper bolt order as being completely filled.
- several phone calls later... i'm just tired.

no parts, no target ship date, no real help.

the worst part, i work in a similer customer service type job. i know a company should be able to satisfy customers with at least basic answers to avalibility and shipping questions. You do this everyday people! jesus, get with it or get out of it. basic customer service goes a long way.

So you just bought door clips from Tom Race http://rtspecialties.net/ back before we both left Az I would be hanging out chatting with Tom and his fax would fire up with all the orders year one got he would ship them all out for them. So you just paid year 1 to fax the order to Tom of course that is a good way to do it for them.... I am sure you got good parts. If anyone else wants to save cash buy from tom ( if you can get hold of him he travels )

actually i did try ordering from rt on 9-08-07 and got an automated response saying they would contact me with a total price. havent heard from them since. i did try calling a few times and nothing, so i ordered from y-1. i was in a small hurry for the clips and y-1 had them to me within a week. id still be waiting for rt.........
if he ships them for y-1 how come he doesnt answer his own orders?

go public -mopar muscle --mopar action- get in touch with the editor or any one else who may have the guts to look into your case[ all of you] sinse the have ads in these mags. if not don`t buy a mag that promotes a con artist.
fact; there are a lot of companys who only manufacture one product , but wherehouse others to make a buck . kick up some dust at home plate ,get all the companys involved in court or sue for fraud using the u.s. mail service. take an ad out in the classfieds there are many options open -- chrkeejohn--

-
Back