Update on Marvin

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Adam,

I just got off the phone from talking to Marvin's sister-in-law. Her name is Lisa. His wife, Wendy, is sick with the flu and couldn't talk to me.
Lisa filled me in on the details on how Marvin is doing and was excited to tell me that Marvin took 5 steps today. That is a big step forward.

Marvin does have 7 weeks of sick time built up that he is using and then he would be going on long term disability through his medical insurance. Times will be tough though as the insurance is not as much as his paycheck. She is going to email me a PayPal account that donations can be made to if it can be set up.

As far as the Dart goes, she is going to send me a couple of pics of how it sits right now so we can make a bit of an assesment of it. She thought it is a great idea for the board as a group to also submit his name to Overhaulin' as well as Marvin's sister.

I will forward the email she sends, to you if you want to give me your email address.

I am going to post this on the board as well.

Jack

i went to tlc's site and i didn't see overhaulin' listed anymore. is it still going on? let us know what we can do to help him out. i might have some parts for him.

are there specifics on what marvin needs cash, car parts local help from local folks besides famliy what can some of us do specific please let us all know:happy10:

I have to wait for the email from Lisa before I can find out any specifics. I don't live in the same city as Marvin so things take a little time.

Jack

What about members such as myself that don't have a paypal account but would still like to help out?

Jack would you accept donations on Marvins behalf to your address?

It could be as simple as sending Jack money orders either in US or CAN funds and actually he'd probably prefer CAN$ since our dollar is again worth more than the US greenback. Nudge-Nudge. LOL.

This will only work if Jack doesn't skip the country.

*** Sorry I got my names mixed up, I meant Jack****

Terry

Hey Jack keep us posted on Marvin, you can count me in on helping out too for whatever you guys decide to do for him!

Same here Jack, Keep us updated,
You are doing a great job already sir.:cheers:

Thanks for keeping us in the loop on Marvin's progress Jack.... Please let us know what and how we can help him.

Get well Marvin!!!!!

I just saw this, god bless you all, your the best aguy could ever have and i realy mean that from the bottom of my heart, especially jack for heading this all up :notworth:

I'm in too, A freind of Coyote's is a freind of mine. Not sure how much I can help way down in New Mexico but, I'll sure try.

Don't heap to much praise on me guy's, it was somebody else's initial idea. I just happen to be fairly close to Marvin to get updates and to be a delivery boy if needed.

I received an email from Marvin's wife Wendy today which I have forwarded to Adam. It contained all the info we should need to set up a fund for Marvin and family. I also sent Adam my home address for those that don't have PayPal.

You are all a great bunch of people and you help restore my faith in the human race.

Jack

Count me in Jack, I know my mother could have had some help when my dad had his 1st stroke. Cant go in past to help my mom so I might as well help the ones that need it now. If you dont mind Jack, when Adam gets it up and running send me a PM.

I`m glad you`re starting to make some progress Marvin. A lot of us are started to put on some years and these things are happening to more of us all the time. My nephew was just diagnosed with a cyst in his brain, it`s pressuring some nerve which is giving him partial paralysis on his left side much as a stroke does. Continue to make progress, we`re all here for you.

a little update, am still in wheel chair,but am progressing some, I started to go a bit with a walker with assistance of two physio people, cant remember the right word but my memory is getting a little better each day. I still know mopar rocks. I get to go home overnight for the first time in just under 6 weeks, that feels great. they screwed up my disability surprise, surprise a good thing we enquired about it. Thanks everyone it helps with you all behind my..God bless...Marvin Peacock

I bet it felt good to be at home for awhile.
take it easy Marvin, and do as the doctor tells you too.8)

Good to here your update.:cheers:

Mike and Treva.

-
Back