Updated Prayers Needed

-

66fyssh

Don't Stop Believin'
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've seen the power of prayer and I know there are some great people on FABO. I pray every time I see a request but never thought I would be asking.

My step son is fighting for his life in Tampa General Hospital burn unit. He was in a house fire Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Still not sure what happened but he has burns on his arms and forehead. Most troubling though is extensive smoke inhalation.

He's on a ventilator and heavily sedated. My wife has been talking with his nurses twice a day for updates, just not a lot of movement for them to report at the moment. They started dialysis today and he developed a fever so there is a concern of infection.

Poor kid (he's 32 years old) has had a rough time since his tour in Iraq early in the war. He was a dismounted infantryman and saw small arms combat. A platoon buddy was killed while they were on patrol. There is a chance he tried to take his own life. Years ago he went through an inpatient substance abuse program but went back to abusing alcohol.

His mom and I met when he was in the third grade and I was a very active father figure for him. The wife is trying to decide the best time to go to Tampa from Georgia, but we are raising his son and the Christian School we started him in this year begins Monday.

Please pray for God's will to be done, whichever outcome that is. Thanks FABO.

Sending
1f64f_1f3fb.png
1f64f_1f3fb.png
1f64f_1f3fb.png

Prayers and positive thoughts for everyone affected. He deserves a better fate, and bless you both for helping with your grandbaby.

Thanks Steve. By the way, I forgot to tell you his name is Rob.

Rob and his wife split up and neither one would make a good parent. So, we took in the son 2.5 years ago. It's not an easy thing to do, especially after raising two boys, but we couldn't not do it.

-
Back