Upgraded the dash, what do you think?

-

Penstarpurist

Reaction score
The dash in our big block duster was abused to say the least by the previous owner. Had the standard hacked out radio hole, but also had about 10+ holes, dents velcro buttons, stickers, etc. I stripped it to bare metal, pulled and filled the dents as needed. A guy I met buying parts has come by a few times and dropped off boxes of free parts he is tired of storing. One of those boxes had very nice redone wood grain instrument bezels, glove box covers and center dash covers. I had to obviously mock up and drill all the appropriate holes in the right places. Primed and painted the metal first. But it's all in, what do you think? Should I have left it all metal, of does it look good covered?
20170607_202701.jpg
20170607_202725.jpg

Looks good, I wish someone would drop off boxes of thing that I coul use, I always get things I cant use, and broken things that I could use.:lol:

My 70 duster has that dash in it too. I thought about going with the metal one but found a decent heater/radio bezel for it and am now trying to figure out the best way to refinish it. I like it!

-
Back